Michigan-Detroit

officiant HELP!

Im not getting married in a church. Nor do I know anyone who is an officiant?
I emailed a few people off some websites, but I just want some personal referrals. Were almots 7 months away and I don't have an officiant.  I didn't even think about it until someone mentioned it the other day.

Please help!
Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*

Re: officiant HELP!

• edited December 2011
    We went through the same thing.  I have an uncle we are super close with. So after hours of investigating, we had him become ordained online by universal life church.  I have called the state of michigan 3 different times to confirm it was all legal and they said yes all 3 times (wanted to be sure) so that is the route we are going!
  • edited December 2011
    We had this issue too.  I basically went off of referrals from the stickies and websites and ending up meeting a few different officiants.  In the end we went with Rev. Gary D. Friske.  His information is listed on TK.  He's a very nice guy, very quick to respond to e-mails, but otherwise I've found the experience to be pretty hands-off.  We're basically constructing our ceremony off of some templates he e-mailed us, and have had no further meetings since our initial one back in August.  I'm not super thrilled with that type of thing, but it's not so bad especially for how well he worked within our budget & he's certainly been very available if we need him.  That's really all I can say right now, although I'll be corresponding with him more in the next few weeks when I send him the rough draft of our ceremony.  If that sounds like your style, I'd recommend checking him out!

ETA: I should specify that when I say "I'm" not super thrilled with the hands off experience, FI prefers it.  I guess it's all a matter of personal preference in how involved you want your officiant to be.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sammichelle- how much was he?
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • edited December 2011
    I believe we are paying $350 or $325, and his original price was $400.  Some other officiants we looked into were more like $500+
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    We're using Rev. Kirk Haas. He's non-demoninational, non-religious (but can be if you want him to be). I believe he's $275.
    engagementWedding Countdown Ticker
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our DJ is an officiant (YES!!! LOL) and he supplies the bartenders, and will supply the beer and wine if we want him to. If you hire him as the DJ, he only charges $55 to be your officiant too. Honestly, while I know the ceremony is what it's really all about, for us, it doesn't matter how personal the experience is. We will be writing our own vows (my fiance's idea, believe it or not).

If you want his info, see the "vendor" link in my bio, which is linked below.
  • jillym31jillym31 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Our DJ is also our officiant.  He is absolutely wonderful and we can't wait!! His name is Mike and he is from Big Foot Dj's.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards