Michigan-Detroit
Options

I hate hockey.

Well, I really don't, but I got "you better change your wedding date" today since next Saturday is game 5 of the series. HAHAHAHAHAHA. Not funny. I wish I could laugh it off and not take it seriously, but I have no sense of humor today about that when the reason we are getting married next weekend and not April 24 was for that person's schedule (family member).

Thank god the game doesn't start until 10pm.

Maybe if I roll in a flat screen TV people will be happy? Whatever. It's not like it's the FINAL GAME! It's only the 2nd series. I can be bridezilla about not wanting a bunch of scruffy bearded dudes in ice skates trumping my night! Note to self: tell venue coordinator to tell guests that the members grill (that has a tv) is off limits.

Men.

end vent. Hopefully.

Re: I hate hockey.

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well Colleen, I love hockey! I'm sure it will be fine. It's not the finals, it will probably not be the last game in the series (I expect it to go 6-7 games), and people will do whatever they want anyway. Hopefully none of your guests have tickets.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Haha aww sorry to laugh. We planned our wedding in May for similar reasons :\

My dad was watching Lions pre-season while my mom was in labor with me (August) :D

Sorry you had to deal with that. This person obviously isn't sensitive to the amount of work a wedding is, but from the sounds of things he was joking. Tell thim to DVR the game and don't worry about him.
  • Options
    emily1004emily1004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sports have been a real sore spot for me too!!! I had such a hard time picking a date for our wedding, since FI job is just that....SPORTS. Every date I wanted conflicted with something. Now he is off the his bachelor party in Chicago this weekend, and after that he won't have a day off until three days before the wedding! Nice timing there love! Hindsight we should of waited till July. He has most of that month off. Now I'm worried what will happen if the wings stay in this thing! I just know there will be a crowd of people looking at a TV. Fi assured me we would be fine. Tongue out

x
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How dare you get married during the playoffs! JK :)

My mom's cousin got married several years ago on the day of the UM vs MSU game. At first we wanted to kill them, but we got to watch the game at the hotel before the wedding, and they played the MSU fight song at the end of the ceremony for us! So, it ended up not being so bad.

We actually planned our wedding for July since MSU football season starts in the fall. We knew that our family would kill us if we chose a football Saturday!
  • Options
    queenfm85queenfm85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I love the Tigers but I dont think I'd choose a game over a wedding, which happens once in a lifetime. It is JUST a game. Plus I'm assuming you'd have more fun at a wedding than watching a game at the bar or at home.

I agree with you... MEN!
    Danielle & Tyler

10-10-10

"God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 126 Invited image 41 Getting Crazy image 10 Party Poopin image 75 MIA
    RSVP Date: September 10th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm sure it will be ok, it's just one of those days where I'm so cranky I can't stand myself!
  • Options
    ms nobodyms nobody member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i got the biggest sigh of relief ever when the NHL said the last possible date for the stanley cup finals was june 18.

srsly when your wedding is june 19 you shouldn't have to worry about the NHL lolly gagging and drawing out the effing season to 10 months.
    Bio Update 4.25.10
    imageimage
    Amanda Williams Photography
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I absolutely love hockey and when I read the post to my fi I told him that I wouldn't mind watching the game at our reception and he rolled his eyes....

But I can empathize with you. Our wedding is the day of the UM - MSU game and we were told by family members to change the date. Uhhh... not going to happen...it was the only date that worked for us due to several reasons and we didn't even know is what the day of the UM - MSU game. Besides our wedding isn't until 6pm...
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_hate-hockey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:5feab85c-2ffe-4531-8a86-21056b6d50e0Post:e5631b54-57e7-45f2-a055-95a62511e6ea">Re: I hate hockey.</a>:
    [QUOTE]We actually planned our wedding for July since MSU football season starts in the fall. We knew that our family would kill us if we chose a football Saturday!
    Posted by DancinPrinzess[/QUOTE]

This.  FI made a big deal about when we got married because we can't get married during football season.  He also didn't want to get married in the dead of summer because he hates being hot but we had to wait until after MSU's graduation so that campus wouldn't be so crowded, etc etc etc.  Oh well, I'm very indecisive so I guess his weird requests helped us narrow down a date.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_hate-hockey?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:5feab85c-2ffe-4531-8a86-21056b6d50e0Post:c2ad52d7-81a2-4182-b02a-863f369ebda2">Re: I hate hockey.</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: I hate hockey. : This.  FI made a big deal about when we got married because we can't get married during football season.  He also didn't want to get married in the dead of summer because he hates being hot but we had to wait until after MSU's graduation so that campus wouldn't be so crowded, etc etc etc.  Oh well, I'm very indecisive so I guess his weird requests helped us narrow down a date.
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

this is exactly why our wedding is in August - we had to get married before or after MSU's football season starts! 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Image and video hosting by TinyPic Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards