New York-Hudson Valley
Options

reception venue with overnight accomodations

Looking for venue that has rooms on site - estimating 25-30 rooms will be booked. I've looked at a few hotels but am hoping to find a location with more personality/charm.

Any suggesstions or ideas for hotel alternatives or even a great hotel are much appreciated! (btw, Fox Hollow is not available for my date; Hyatt in Hauppague is a possibility)

Thanks!

Re: reception venue with overnight accomodations

• Options
    hopeful523hopeful523 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not sure if it's too far but check out the Grand or the Grandview. They both have rooms on site.
  • Options
    mockninemocknine member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I got married at the Thayer Hotel, or there is Arbor Ridge in Hopewell Junction.  They are just a catering hall, but on premises they have a hotel.

BTW:  I don't think the Grandview has rooms, unless something has changed since the last time I was there.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    hopeful523hopeful523 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    PP is right. The Grandview does not have rooms but the Grand does =)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    How about Bear Mountain?  I am getting married there and they have a few different venue options... not sure what your style is but its really beautiful up there...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    tstegertsteger member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    Pearl River Hilton.  LOTS of character!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Catlin Gardens in Slate Hill (Orange Co) has an Inn. I've heard it's beautiful there. I believe the Inn is a recent addition.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The Renaissance Westchester Hotel has rooms- hahaha well obviously, they are a hotel. They have a ballroom as part of the main hotel for larger receptions- I think they told me it seats up to about 300. Or adjoining the hotel is the Red Oak Mansion, which can accomodate 150 guests. The Red Oak Mansion also has an outdoor space and gazebo for ceremonies.
  • Options
    vienna1121vienna1121 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    double tree in tarrytown is great...they did a complete renovation and have a really nice gazebo in teh back for photos adn the ballroom is awesome...they also have a double sided fireplace...food is A+
  • Options
    mpjf1001mpjf1001 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    the Grandview doesnt have rooms on site, but they include shuttle service to the poughkeepsie grand for overnight accomodations...HTH
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards