Michigan-Detroit
Options

Good selection of shoes?

Hi Ladies,

I live in Rhode Island, but my sister is one of my Bridesmaids and lives in Royal Oak, MI.  Do you know of any stores near by that have a great selection of dyeable shoes?  She runs between a size 10 and 11 and has a wide foot, so lots of shoes in lots of sizes is important!  

Thanks in advance for ANY suggestions you have!

Re: Good selection of shoes?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    i have no idea about a store to go to.. but endless.com (run by Amazon) has dyeable shoes, they have free shipping and free return shipping and a very easy return policy/process. So she can order a number of styles/sizes and then return them for a full refund at no extra cost to her.
  • Options
    jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only places I can think of are Payless and David's Bridal. Good luck!
  • Options
    jodyk23jodyk23 member
    edited December 2011
    Nicole,

Do you dye them yourself then? Have you done this before?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wondered that myself, Jody. I see all the dyeable shoes, but they are white. I wonder if you could take them to Payless or David's Bridal. The dye is an extra charge at either place, so they might do it.

David's Bridal & Payless are the only two I know of that carry shoes for wide feet in a brick & mortar store. Most just carry the regular width. Endless, Amazon, Zappo's, shoebuy.com all have them online though.

And I feel dirty just for mentioning her name, but Paris Hilton has a line with some really cute shoes, and she has the hard to find 10 & 11 because I think she wears an 11. I have to go shower now.
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    edited December 2011
    She could also try DSW (online or store).
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Culbycheese...you crack me up! I laughed so hard when I read your comment about Paris :o)

I have big feet myself (size 12) so I know your sister's pain. I have had good luck at Nordstrom Rack (Big Beaver and Rochester Road I think. Please correct me if I am wrong ladies, I moved from Fraser 3 years ago :o)  Anywho, Nordstrom Rack has discounted designer shoes and they go up to 12 and 13. Nordstrom's also has an awesome selection (at Somerset mall) but that can add up to some major coin quickly! Nordstrom's does have they half yearly sales, I think the next one is in July, and I have found some beautiful shoes that way too! HTH :o)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    You could also have her try the Shoe Village, I know there is one in Rochester. And I think there is another one somewhere too. They have a large selection of shoes and I think you can get them died there too. I was going to get my bridesmaid shoes there, until I decided to just let them wear whatever silver shoes they wanted to.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I think the Wedding Shoppe in Berkley has a good selection and their own dye service. She could check that out too.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_good-selection-of-shoes?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:61e54f7e-b93b-49e4-874a-894fe7cfc34aPost:42cd16b6-0dc6-40f6-b890-f97516aae2f8">Re: Good selection of shoes?</a>:
    [QUOTE]Nicole, Do you dye them yourself then? Have you done this before?
    Posted by jodyk23[/QUOTE]

I got dyeables from endless and I'm taking them to a shoe store in Birmingham to get dyed.

I'm pretty sure payless will only dye their own shoes but I could be mistaken.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks for all your input Ladies!!!  :-)  She is going out shopping again today!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards