Michigan-Detroit
Options

Where?

Where is everyone going for their honeymoon?  (If you are able to take one that is)

Re: Where?

• Options
    wngschicwngschic member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Well, since we're getting married in PuntaCana, Dominican Republic, it will be our "weddingmoon" since we're going to be there for a week at an all-inclusive resort. Ideally though, for our one year anniversary I'd like to take a vacation with just me and FI somewhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going to the St. James Club Resort in Antigua.  YAY.  I keep forgetting about the fact that after all this wedding craziness I actually get to take a week long vacation with just the two of us. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Turks and Caicos - see siggy pic. We get the entire third floor of one of the ocean front estates.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to the Royal in Playa del Carmen.  It was wonderful!   ...actually, I should probably add a review about it to my bio.  And here I thought I had finished it!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We went to Hawaii. That was the longest plane ride EVER.

We spent a night in Waikiki Beach and went to Pearl Harbor (incredibly moving), then spent 4 nights on Maui and 4 nights in Kauai.

It was pretty cool, but it wasn't a lay in bed and do nothing honeymoon which kind of bummed me out because it was too expensive to just sit around all day! We did take a helicopter ride one day and it was AWESOME.

My next vacay will be to an all-inclusive in the Carribbean or Mexico somewhere.
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to Hawaii.  For the reasons that Colleen listed, I kinda wished we were going somewhere all-inclusive.  But hey, it's our honeymoon and it's a trip we won't take again for a looong time.  We can always do an all-inclusive in the future.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going to Belize for 6 days. I'm so excited for a vacation. I like to actually do stuff on vacation and the FI likes to sit on the beach all day, so hopefully we will find a nice balance of the two. 
    Final Count 181! Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going on a 7-day cruise to the Mexician Riveria. :) Puert Vallarta, Mazatlan and Cabo San Luces. I am soooo excitement. My FI has never really been any where outside of Michigan so this will be a great trip for the both of us.

• Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    HM TBD ;) We're going to go somewhere, but we're not certain yet. We need to get the finances in order after the wedding then we'll decide.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're going to Hawaii.

My parents have a timeshare in Hawaii. We just have to pay them $275 transfer fee and my parents are gifting us skymiles to fly so it was a pretty easy solution. We'll definitely go to Kauai since that is where my parents timeshare is but FI wants to go to other islands as well, we just haven't decided where to yet.
  • Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    That seems to be the question of the hour. We are being super picky because we want to go somewhere for at least 10 days, FI is opposed to doing an all inclusive (he wants lots of activities and variety), we are getting married in September (hurricane season) and we dont want to spend thousands and thousands of dollars (but Hawaii is so close to Seattle that we don't want to go there).

we've thrown around Austrlia/NZ... but we'll probably do some serious researching after the new year...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mediterranean cruise!  We leave in 2 months and I could not be more excited! 
    Photobucket Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    weddingcourtweddingcourt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Jamaica at an all inclusive. I don't get a lot of vacation days right now and have had to use a few for various activities throughout the year. Because of this we decided to forego Ireland which we originally planned in hopes that we can go for two weeks in a few years!
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am still trying to figure this out we want all inclusive and warm. Plus I have to have somewhere to shop!
  • Options
    cwimer6154cwimer6154 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We are going to the Butterfly Gap Retreat in the foothills of the Smoky Mountains.  It's a couples only B&B in the middle of 900 acres of wilderness.  Gourmet breakfast served to your door every morning...mmmm!!!  I can't wait to go hiking, biking, golfing and participate in some much needed R&R.   
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    ayisha28ayisha28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    London and Paris for almost 2 weeks.  I always thought we would go somewhere tropical but he popped the question while we were in Jamaica last month.  Getting married in 80 days and we met a lot of really cool people from the UK and Paris while we were in Jamaica. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are going back and forth between the trip we've always wanted to take to South Africa and Costa Rica. The FI has already been to Costa Rica - so I'm thinking SA. We have friends in both places but SA would be SO cool.
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers Photobucket Visit Detroit.Weddings.com

I'm a guest blogger on 12Kwedding.com
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards