Michigan-Detroit

Wedding website

Is anyone here familiar with TK's websites? I paid for a premium site, but I don't like any of the options available. I really want to buy my domain name from them or have it point to another site that I can design myself. Has anyone done this?

If there is another forum specifically about the websites, please let me know. I tried looking for one but never found one.

Cake! - June 2013
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Wedding website

• mpicklmpickl member
    First Anniversary Name Dropper First Comment
    I can't comment on TK sites specifically, but I bought my domain name through Wordpress and maintain it with them... What are you specifically looking to do? I have a blog, a guestbook, song request form, photo albums... It's nothing fancy, but I really wanted our own domain to put on the invites.  :)   Have you checked out a blogger or wordpress site?
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_wedding-website-3?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:641c152e-59c1-41a5-afe9-ceedda502ff5Post:0a323883-0c35-4d61-bef9-fce9d3c0769f">Re: Wedding website</a>:
    [QUOTE]I can't comment on TK sites specifically, but I bought my domain name through Wordpress and maintain it with them... What are you specifically looking to do? I have a blog, a guestbook, song request form, photo albums... It's nothing fancy, but I really wanted our own domain to put on the invites.  :)   Have you checked out a blogger or wordpress site?
    Posted by mpickl[/QUOTE]

<div>I've used wordpress sites before. It's just that I bought my domain name through TK, so I don't know if they own it or I own it and if it's transferable. It's basically our first names dot com, so I don't want to start over with a new domain.</div><div>
    </div><div>I've found a black and white template that I'll have to settle for. It just irks me that they said I would be able to personalize it if I paid for it.</div>

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I'm not sure about the paid version of your own site here but I've used wordpress as well and would recommend it.

As far as learning more, have you read this (clicky) stuff?
  • Thank you! I really did look for this information, I promise.  :)

Cake! - June 2013
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • If you purchased an actual domain name (http://yoursite.com/ etc.) then you should be able to redirct it wherever you want.

If you want to set up a wordpress site on another server, simply purchase an account w/server space somewhere (example: I use site5.com) and then get the DNS information to change where the URL is directing people (right now the DNS information will be theknot.com's info, you will need to change that or ask them to change it).
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards