Michigan-Detroit
Options

MOB Dress

So me and my mom went looking for a dress for her to wear.  We weren't really thrilled with the options at Davids.  We did find one at the salon that I got my dress at but it was $430.  Thats seems a lot for her to spend.

So tell me, where are/did your moms get their dresses at.

Re: MOB Dress

• Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom got her dress at JC Penney. She shopped after the holidays and got it on clearance for $40 (originally $169 I think).

MIL got hers from Arena bridal and spent $800 (more than my wedding gown thank you very much...lets not talk about it)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    $800, OMG! That's crazy. 

We went to Penny's and Macy's and they didn't have any long dresses.  My mom doesn't want a short dress.  But maybe they will have more choices closer to the holidays.
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would definitely recommend lookng during/after the holidays. My mom's wore a long dress. Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    japow1984japow1984 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom and grandma got theirs at Eva's Bridal in Garden City. Right next to the actual bridal store they have an "outlet" store of dresses that were discontinued and pretty heavly discounted. My grandma got hers from the outlet for like 99 dollars.
  • Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My mom got hers at Macys
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom got hers at B Ella Bridal in Ann Arbor. I have no idea how much she paid for it, but if I had to guess it would be in the $300ish range.

I agree with pp though--go after the holidays if you can. Usually they have really good deals.
  • Options
    lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Kind of on the same topic...are both the mother of the bride & mother of the groom wearing the same color dress? 
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    MIL bought hers from Clothing Cove in Milford, my Mom got her's on e-bay. I have no idea how much my MIL's dress was, but my Mom's was $30 with shipping.

ETA:
    MIL wore purple, my Mom wore Green. I think it's a matter of preference. My MIL did not want to have green because my girls dresses were green.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mom got hers at Bella Donnas, where I got my dress...it was kind of pricey, but it's very elaborately beaded, so I guess it's worth the money.

On the other hand, FMIL got hers at Macy's and only paid $59 for a gorgeous gown!
    Updated 9/21/2010
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    377 Invited image
    338 Ready to rock image
    40 Party poopers image
    0 still making up their minds image
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My mother got her dress at Bella Donna's also. I would take a look at Von Maur at Laurel Park Place and I believe there is also one at Briarwood. They have a nice dress selection and I believed they are priced around a Macys. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards