Michigan-Detroit
Options

AW: Got the first letter!!

I was super busy yesterday and forgot to post this...but I'm SO excited and wanted to share.  I got my first letter from FI!!  (I think most of you know---but he's away at boot camp for the Coast Guard until June).  These past 2 weeks have been torture, not being able to hear from him at all and having no idea what he was going through, how he was doing.  Finally, a 3 page letter!  He said the physical part is pretty easy, but just that mentally it was just crazy and intense, with no time to think.  Of course I cried about 4 times while reading it.  If I get this choked up reading a silly letter from him I don't know how I'm going to handle that walk down the aisle...oh man, I might be a mess!

Re: AW: Got the first letter!!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Aw!  That's so awesome that you finally got a letter from him!  Here's to many, many more!
  • Options
    jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Congrats! I bet that makes you feel a little better.
  • Options
    sunkissed212sunkissed212 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw that's great that you got a letter from him! I'm sure it's very busy and crazy for him and I can't imagine what it would be like not being able to hear from my FI for 2 whole weeks! I'm glad you got some communication and that he's doing well :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic image
    TTC #1 since 8/2010...2 years, 6 IUI's and 1 m/c later...
    08/2012 IVF #1, 2 5-day blasts transferred 8/19 = BFP! Beta 1 (8/28)=241, Beta 2 (8/30)=457, Beta 3 (9/5)=3,813, u/s 9/13=Twins!, u/s 9/21=Surprise...there's one more! TRIPLETS!
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Aw, that must have made your day/week!  I can't even imagine how difficult this must be for you...
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yay for the first letter! Hope you get many more on a regular basis.

As difficult and painful as this time apart is, it will make the wedding and being together that much sweeter. Plus you'll have those letters the rest of your life to remember this point in your relationship.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    So glad to hear you got a letter. That's wonderful news! LOL at crying, I know, I'm terrible at that sometimes too.

Hope you get a lot more. Letter writing is a lost art, and with phone calls and texting, I think we lose a lot in the romance deparment by not getting written correspondence. Now you have "love letters" to keep!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_aw-got-first-letter?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:6a7e5c46-7eeb-4040-ba85-80828221f20bPost:0ada41e5-1479-4e93-b10b-5b207ec5f2f2">Re: AW: Got the first letter!!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Yay for the first letter! Hope you get many more on a regular basis. As difficult and painful as this time apart is, it will make the wedding and being together that much sweeter. Plus you'll have those letters the rest of your life to remember this point in your relationship.
    Posted by Booger+Bear[/QUOTE]

Ditto, Erin.  I'm sure he's missing you like crazy too.  Here's to many more letters and speedy mail delivery!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I totally agree with Booger+Bear, this will totally enhance the relationship and you two can truly be grateful for the time you do have together :-) YAY! I'm sure it was so exciting to finally get that letter...how nice too that its a hand written letter :-) You can keep it forever :-)
  • Options
    queenfm85queenfm85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yay that is exciting! I know when my FI even writes me a letter on special occasions or "just because" (which is RARE), it means SO much more than anything else because it is heartful and real. It takes effort to say what you feel and it will mean a lot for years to come :)
    Danielle & Tyler

10-10-10

"God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 126 Invited image 41 Getting Crazy image 10 Party Poopin image 75 MIA
    RSVP Date: September 10th
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards