Michigan-Detroit
Options

Dance Lessons

Hi Ladies!

My fiance and I are thinking about taking dance lessons for our wedding.  Does anyone have suggestions about where to go?  I would like to do some private and some group.  We need lots of help :)

Thanks!

Re: Dance Lessons

• Options
    JandBFall2010JandBFall2010 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Is there an area you want to stay in?
  • Options
    rubyluvrubyluv member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    we did dance lessons thru our parks and rec...it was a really nice class.  The instructor works at a dance studio in Lake orion on  Baldwin, sorry i can't remember the name. 
    Good luck!  It was a lot of fun!
  • Options
    mlmamomlmamo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hi there! My fiance and I are taking dance lessons right now. We are going to Schoolcraft College in Livonia because I work there. They have great dance classes though! They even have a dance class designed specifically for wedding dance preparation, which is what we are taking. I highly recommend it. It is about 8 weeks long. If you're interested, check out the dance section of the CEPD (continuing education) section of the website. http://www.schoolcraft.edu/www-catalog/CES.WI.80.HTM
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey ml, do you have to be a student at Schoolcraft to take those classes? Or can anyone sign up for them?
    BabyFruit Ticker

Photobucket

• Options
    mlmamomlmamo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    jamenyha - Nope, you don't have to be a student. All classes that are classified as continuing education are open to the public so there's no need to apply as a student. Simply sign up, pay and you're in!

The instructor is a sweet lady and I'm feeling that me and my adorable but rhythm challenged fiance have learned a lot. It makes me really look forward to our first dance together as husband and wife :) Good luck to you all!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Me and my fiance are also doing the Wedding Preparation class at Schoolcraft. After the first  lesson, I already felt like we could dance better together! Sometimes he complains that the teacher talks too much and he would like more practicing, but in general it's been really good and we both like it.
    Kinda Regards, Erica
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I would also rec the wedding dance class at Schoolcraft,it was very helpful
  • Options
    fsimpsonfsimpson member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Tandye Zapinski 313- 623 -3414
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards