New York-Hudson Valley

Dilemma

So I had another meeting w/ my florist. I'm glad I stuck to my guns. I wans't happy w/ the first centerpiece as I'm trying to make my centerpiece work for dual purposes for my ceremony (going down the aisle to be placed on grecian columns w/ tulle) so I changed the shape of the centerpiece and added more flowers. My whole theme is with roses.

Here's my dilemma..
My FI obviously will be wearing a white rose. The groomsmen will be wearing pink roses which is the same as what my girls are carrying. My brother is giving me away and basically the florist suggested all the men look uniform and they should all have pink flowers. Now 2 of my brother in laws are also getting a rose (I wanted them to feel part of the wedding) however my sister's (their wives who aren't in the wedding party either) the florist suggested they have white roses as a corsage. I think it's going to look weird in pics. Their husbands having a pink rose on their lapel yet they'll be sporting a white corsage. Is it me? Should I change the corsages to pink roses to match everyone else? OR  just add 1 pink rose in the middle of the corsage? I don't wanna sound like a weirdo and have the florist run for the hills cause I'm placing another call to him.  What do you think?

Thanks for your help on this.
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Dilemma

• ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011

Honestly, I have one SIL on my side and only one of my DH's sisters came...so we had two and they had corsages and I couldn't even tell you what colors were in them. 

Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • weddnoviceweddnovice member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Don't worry too much about it.  It will be fine what ever color you pick.  
  • MYLOVE315MYLOVE315 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Maybe I am foucsing too much on the little things :-( oh woewees me.

SSage......... Steph how's te baby?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_dilemma?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:0b9db0dd-a533-4f03-be95-989147631ce4Post:535aaf14-93f5-4a2a-9720-bdd74c915193">Re: Dilemma</a>:
    [QUOTE]Maybe I am foucsing too much on the little things :-( oh woewees me. SSage......... Steph how's te baby?
    Posted by MYLOVE315[/QUOTE]

It is YOUR wedding!  You can focus on whatever you want!  :)

The baby is getting big...she is 17 weeks but will be four months on Saturday.   I can't believe how time flies!  She is chatting up a storm and really discovering the world around her!  Goes to the dr. next week so we will see how big she is officially. :)  Thanks for asking!
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Steph...
    So glad to hear that she's doing well. You sound so happy and in awe of her. What a beautiful thing!. Wow Christmas is going to be awesome. I remember my nieces at that age and when I use to stand them by the Christmas tree the looks on their faces were priceless!  They would try to foucs on all the colors and their eyes would get wider and wider. So fricken cute.  Good luck at her doc appt. I'm sure she'll get stunning results :-)

Wishiing you a really Happy Thanksgiving w/ your new bundle of joy & your new hubby of course...life doesn't get any better then having a new baby and being so overjoyed with her. You're a lucky girl. Take good care and we'll talk soon.

-Lee
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • edited December 2011
    It's your day! Whatever you want - and it won't look that off in pictures if you keep the look cohesive.

Maybe you and your guy in White, BMs and GMs in dark pink (or whatever your shade) and related important relatives in a light pink?

But like pp's said, it's not going to be that noticable. We were going to do all red and white roses. But MIL ended up in a yellow rose and my grandma with an orchid. And you know what? The pictures are fine!
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Ok thanks for all your help and your pov's....i'll figure out whether I go w/ all white or all pink for the extended fam.

Thanks again.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards