New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Westchester Ladies! -Need Places for the Following!

Hi!
Can you guys give me recommendations of places to go to for the following:

Flowers
Invitations
Bridesmaid dresses that are affordable!

And I need more recommendations on where to look for dresses.  So far I am having no luck!! :(

Thank you!! Cool

Re: Westchester Ladies! -Need Places for the Following!

• Options
    LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Flowers - X-Quisite in New Rochelle or Diana Gould (but they both can be expensive). Arcadia in Mamaroneck also does beautiful work.

Invitations - RSVP in Mamaroneck or Laura Damiano Designs

Bridesmaid dresses that are affordable!  Affordable BM dresses depends on what designer you go with. You can try Fontana and House of Botticelli, The Bridal Shop (in Mamaroneck) and I think there's a place in Mt. Vernon which is reasonable. RK Bridal (in the city) has a no frills program where the dresses are discounted but the girls are responsible for getting their own alterations.

And I need more recommendations on where to look for dresses. -  Is this in regards to yourself? If so, I'd check out Fontana and House of Botticelli. If you're not opposed to going into the city, try Bridal Reflections, Kleinfeld's and Pronovias.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Happy Friday!

I got my invitations from Wedding Paper Divas online...they came out AMAZING and were a third of what I was quoted from 2 invitation places. I found this place after I had already gotten mine and she has so nice stuff...RSVP to ME http://www.rsvp-to-me.com/.

I am using Flowers by David Anthony in Monroe...they travel to Westchester. I am VERY happy with them so far and his pricing was great for what I wanted to do.

My dress, my mothers and my bridesmaids are all coming from Lavinia's in Garnerville, NY...in Rockland County. They have been absolutely wonderful.

Good luck!!! Have a great weekend!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Hey Everyone!

I am using Arcardia in Mamaroneck- so far, I have been very pleased.
    For invitations, I went to Impressive Invite in Mamaroneck- I have never gotten so many compliments on something ever since I mailed them out- I definitely recommend looking there.
    I went to Fontana's for my dress and the BM dresses- I agree with the previous post- they come in all prices depending on what you are looking for and which designer you chose.  I would also recommend Amelia's in Fleetwood- a few of my friends have used them and we pleased!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    LissyM83LissyM83 member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_westchester-ladies-need-places-following?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:0c834c3c-7c17-43e9-be60-2212957c5f63Post:e0390beb-92a5-4b89-8229-77a4bf0bf957">Re: Westchester Ladies! -Need Places for the Following!</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hey Everyone! I am using Arcardia in Mamaroneck- so far, I have been very pleased. For invitations, I went to Impressive Invite in Mamaroneck- I have never gotten so many compliments on something ever since I mailed them out- I definitely recommend looking there. I went to Fontana's for my dress and the BM dresses- I agree with the previous post- they come in all prices depending on what you are looking for and which designer you chose.  I would also recommend Amelia's in Fleetwood- a few of my friends have used them and we pleased!
    Posted by dmonty413[/QUOTE]

Yes, Amelia's was the other one I was thinking of. My friend went there and was very pleased.
    September 2012 Siggy Challenge: Favorite Thing about October-Yankees Playoffs! image
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bs44106bs44106 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Monica Chimes Floral......they are extremely creative and work with in your budget!
    Laura Damiano Designs for invites, she is very talented!
    Amelia's bridal in mt. vernon...those girls are so helpful!!
  • Options
    katiefinn03katiefinn03 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm using Columbia Florist in the Bronx.  They highly recommended from a future cousin in law and are very affordable!  Happy with them so far! 

I got my BM dresses from David's Bridal.  They are affordable and since my BMs are spread out they were all able to order them from a David's Bridal by their home.

I also used Wedding Paper Diva's and LOVE my invites.  You are able to request a sample for $1 before you order so you can see what it looks like before ordering. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I HIGHLY reccomend Laura Damiano Designs! she's is awesome and a great price. I love how you can customize everything and have an invitation that no one else has!

I got my bridesmaid dresses at RK Bridal in the city, with their no frills policy the girls saved $48 each and only have to pay for their alterations at their own place.
    October 2011 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    cusi229cusi229 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks ladies!!! I appreciate this so much you have no idea :):)
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Invites...I found the one i wanted online and looked for good deals.  BUT, i made sure to get samples from various places first.  I ended up with 1st-class-wedding-invitations.com.  They had the best price for the invite I wanted and I had got the sample first.  They were very helpful during the whole process and did not have a limit on proofs etc.  They invites came very quickly as well...i ordered mid July and sent them to guest at the beginning of August.

Dresses...I went to the Town Shop in Poughkeepsie.  But, it all depends on designers...you might be able to go to a dress shop and look at dresses and then find that exact dress online.  David's Bridal is a good option for inexpensive dresses as well as for BMs from all over...but in my opinion, you get what you pay for.  I was in a wedding and got our dresses there and they were cheaply made, could not do the alterations and I thought the whole experience was horrible.  i would never go back.
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Flowers- Floral Craft New Rochelle-
    Invites- Impressive invites Mamaroneck, or Laura Damiano Designs
  • Options
    PaoPao820PaoPao820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am only just starting to look for my gown as well as BM dresses but I second or third RK Bridal.  They have a policy where if you find your gown elsewhere for cheaper, bring it to them and they will match the price and take 5% off.  The bridesmaid dresses also seem to be cheaper.

I went to Fontana's when I was a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding last year an dI was not happy with them as a bridesmaid.  I made appts and I had to wait... the dress we ordered was a cocktail dress and satin and the thing, plus alterations cost around $400.  If you want to be conscious of your BM's budgets, which is always appreciated, seriously shop around!

I've heard bad reviews of Boticelli's on other forums so idk if you want to go there.  Plus I go to Bronxville on a regular basis for the starbucks there since it's the closest to my job and I went in there once to get ideas for BM dresses and they were a little snippy, focring me to make an appt.  I was like "I just want to look and get an idea, why can't i do that?!" Idk how I really feel about them but I don't think I personally will be going there. 
    -Paola- Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_westchester-ladies-need-places-following?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:0c834c3c-7c17-43e9-be60-2212957c5f63Post:64aa00dc-52c2-40c8-a6e1-740704115eb0">Re: Westchester Ladies! -Need Places for the Following!</a>:
    [QUOTE]I am only just starting to look for my gown as well as BM dresses but I second or third RK Bridal.  They have a policy where if you find your gown elsewhere for cheaper, bring it to them and they will match the price and take 5% off.  The bridesmaid dresses also seem to be cheaper. I went to Fontana's when I was a bridesmaid in a friend's wedding last year an dI was not happy with them as a bridesmaid.  <strong>I made appts and I had to wait... the dress we ordered was a cocktail dress and satin and the thing, plus alterations cost around $400.</strong>  If you want to be conscious of your BM's budgets, which is always appreciated, seriously shop around! I've heard bad reviews of Boticelli's on other forums so idk if you want to go there.  Plus I go to Bronxville on a regular basis for the starbucks there since it's the closest to my job and I went in there once to get ideas for BM dresses and they were a little snippy, focring me to make an appt.  I was like "I just want to look and get an idea, why can't i do that?!" Idk how I really feel about them but I don't think I personally will be going there. 
    Posted by PaoPao820[/QUOTE]

For BM's, alterations are a flat $100 fee no matter what has to be done. 
    The waiting around for your fitting can take forever, I have just learned to try to get there first thing in the morning so they are not backed up yet!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    PaoPao820PaoPao820 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_new-york-hudson-valley_westchester-ladies-need-places-following?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:113Discussion:0c834c3c-7c17-43e9-be60-2212957c5f63Post:ea1aac86-8bcb-46ec-aede-7a8ca81c6b75">Re: Westchester Ladies! -Need Places for the Following!</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Westchester Ladies! -Need Places for the Following! : For BM's, alterations are a flat $100 fee no matter what has to be done.  The waiting around for your fitting can take forever, I have just learned to try to get there first thing in the morning so they are not backed up yet!!
    Posted by dmonty413[/QUOTE]

No I meant that the dress plus alterations was $400 and I just think that's a lot.  And $100 for alterations is a lot to begin with.  Idk... I'm trying to keep costs low for my BMs.  I spent that money and I'm never going to wear the dress again and I hate that fact so I'm trying to stay away from that for my BMs 
    -Paola- Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards