New York-Hudson Valley
Options

Hotel Bags and bathroom baskets?

Hope everyone had a good weekend!

I spent part of last week workingon hotel bags. Here is what I have so far (or planning)

gift bag in our colors
tissue paper
welcome note
area flyers of some sort
directions from hotel to church, reception and back
mini toothpaste
travel toothbrush (dual set)
mini mouthwash
mens razor
ladies razor
2 band aids
2 cough drops
pack of tissues
microwave popcorn
quaker granola bar (oatmeal raison or peanut butter)
cascadian farms granola bar (mixed berry)
mini bag of choc animal crackers
1 mrs fields choc chip cookie
pack of almonds
2 bottles of water

Most items were bought at Christmas tree shop (with Harmon drug store)!

The question is -
What about pretzels? Should I put in a nature valley or nutrigrain bar instead? What about aspirin? And do most people put in candy?

And, what goes in bathroom baskets?

Any advice would be helpful!

Re: Hotel Bags and bathroom baskets?

• Options
    kristinanddankristinanddan member
    First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Wow, you are putting a whole lot more in your hotel bags than we did. We did a package of cookies and a bag of something salty. Honestly, I think with all of the food you have you don't need anything else.
    And we did do a trial size of tylenol - you can get them on minimus.biz really cheaply.

For bathroom baskets, some of the items included:
    tylenol and advil sample packs, tums, combs, hair bainds, hair spray, hair gel, gum, flossers, contact solution, pads and tampons, mints, safety pins.
    Again, most of it came from minimus.biz
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    BellaSposa223BellaSposa223 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Terri- I just wanted to tell you for the bathroom baskets, VB doesn't let you put any type of medication in it. Jen told me that a few weeks ago so I wanted to pass it on before you did it.

Jaimie
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Thanks girls!

Kristin- Thanks for the suggestion of minimus. I remember that site being mentioned before. I will have to go check it out!

Jaimie - Thanks for the tip about aspirin. I will have to ask my Vinny at Putnam National Golf if thats allowed. (two Mahopac halls, both with contacts names Vinny. Crazy! And confusing!)

Anyway, thanks girls - I am not sure if I am going to do the bathroom basket. all depends on how much it would cost. I know I went a little overboard on the hotel bags, but those are the people traveling and after the reception ends, there is no food that they can get easily. Also, if they forget something, it's forgotten. At the wedding, they can always ask another guest.

Now - is aspirin even necessary if they are driving to the hotel? And its a half hour away?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Necessary? No. But really, neither are hotel bags at all. I can tell you that I am much more likely to forget tylenol than my toothbrush. No one will miss it if you don't have it, but for the 20 cents or whatever a pack it cost, we put them in.
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! That minimus site is great! I was worried about the cost adding us (at $1 or $2 each packet it would have) But minimus has them for 23 cents! Thanks so much for the reccommendation1

Now does minimus have a minimum order? The site says free shipping on orders of $20 or more, but no where does it say anything about a minimum purchase. I looked everywhere.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Don't put aspirin in the bathroom baskets at the reception...most halls won't allow it and it can be dangerous!
  • Options
    ssagessage member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i would def put advil or tylenol in your oot bags. 

We put advil, combs, bandaids, qtips, handiwipes, floss, min lotion (and other amenties i got at hotels on business trips)...and i can't think of what else...oh, clear nail polish and make up pads for ladies, condoms (one each), i can't remember now...nothing was left.  someone cleaned both of them out LOL
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I forget if they have a minimum or not, I don't think they do.

To Crissy and I believe someone else: Why is it dangerous to have aspirin/tylenol/whatever in the reception baskets? In case there are kids there?
    imageimageimage
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I bet you could put tums in the BR basket!!! And I bet people will need that LOL
    336a Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks so much! That's an awesome site!  Just placed my order!

Just a note, at first I was only going to order advil, aspirin and some sugar-free cookies. My total was about 9.50. They wanted 8.50 for ground shipping!

So of course I went back and ordered more stuff to get the free shipping on orders over $20.

Just an FYI
  • Options
    Gina26Gina26 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    You have  some great ideas, your guest will love you for it. You might want to consider adding safety pins or sewing kit
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great idea! Thanks!
  • Options
    kfsped23kfsped23 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Hey!

Where did you get your personalized bags???
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards