Michigan-Detroit
Options

XP - Curves for Women

Can anyone tell me if they have had experiences with Curves?  Was it worth the time?  Did you lose, firm up or both?  Joining Curves is one of my benefits of my insurance, so I don't have to worry about costs.

Also, does your Curves offer Zumba?  I know that it usually costs a few dollars a session.

Re: XP - Curves for Women

• Options
    I could be TOTALLY wrong here, but I thought Curves was a special weight training series. So, you go in and go through a series of workouts on a rotation -- and everyone else there is going through the same rotation (but staggered) as you are. I didn't think they offered group fitness classes, like Zumba.

Again, I coudl be totally wrong though! If I'm not, I know many YMCAs and community centers offer Zumba!
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    I did Curves about 7 years ago for a few months and also watched what I ate. I went 2-3 times per week, lost about 10 pounds, and toned up (lost at least an inch everywhere and a little more on my thighs). It's definitely about what you put in to it. It takes about a half hour to do two rounds of the circuit, so you need to do at least that.
  • Options
    I guess Zumba is a new thing.  The center I'm interested in has discontinued it for the summer but should start yp again in the fall.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards