Michigan-Detroit
Options

centerpiece help

You would think with my wedding being 2 months away that I would have this figured out. Fact of the matter is... its the one thing that I have struggled with the most. After deciding on doing submerged roses in a vase with marbles on the bottom and a floating candle on top, I thought I would do a tril run tonight with some of the roses that I got from valentines day before they are totally dead. Well, i didnt have an "anchor" for them, so I have to go to the store tomorrow. Also, return the eater gems I got and get marbles instead.

My wedding colors are fuschia and a few additions of light pink and silver/gray. My tables clothes and chair covers are white with fuschia sashes and a fuschia table runner. On the table is a white frame with fuschia table numbers on them. The tuxes are black with fuschia tie and vest and the FOB and FOG have black tie and vest. Bm dresses are, of course, fuschia.

Now that you have a general idea of the layout and color plan.... my question is what color marbles to use. The rose is going to be a dark pink/fuschia (also used in bouquets and bouts). I do not know if i should use crystal marbles- possibly the tea light candles bounce light off them... or if I should use black marbles to add contrast to the table.

What would YOU do? FI says crystal... but he doesnt see the "contract" point, and just thinks weddings are glitz and glamor and go for the reflection affect from the candles.
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: centerpiece help

• Options
    I would do black or pink.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • Options
    I'd use the crystal marbles. There are actually glass pebble shaped "marbles" (this might be what you are talking about) that are a bit pearlescent. I'd probably use those to catch the light and add a bit of sparkle, but that's me.
  • Options
    I think you already have a lot of pink going on with the table. You don't want it to be too overpowering. If you use pink marbles, pink roses, & a pink runner, it is just going to look like a glob of pink. You won't really get any contrast or sparkle. I would use a clear or crystal marble in the vases. It will pull from the pink runner on the table & the roses. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    No pink... agreed on all the pink. I just wasnt sure to use an crystal or contrast with black.
  • Options
    I agree about it being a lot of pink.  I would go with black or the translucent ones Sue was talking about.
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_centerpiece-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:76ee7fa6-0882-47eb-8298-cd48c77514b5Post:dd466e06-811f-41bf-84e7-9ae9b7bdad61">Re: centerpiece help</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree about it being a lot of pink.  I would go with black or the translucent ones Sue was talking about.
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]

That was the original question. Black or Crystal/Clear.
  • Options
    Your florist proably knows better than any of us could guess.  Let her handle that kind of detail and you relax this close to your day!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards