Michigan-Detroit
Options

Downtown Rochester Photos

Hi Ladies,
I am putting together a list for our photographer for photo sites for the bridal party after the ceremony.  We would have loved to go downtown Detroit but there just isn't enough time and we don't want to see each other before we get married.

We are already stopping at a park in Rochester but I'd love to get some downtown Rochester shots.  Does anyone have any good suggestions?

Re: Downtown Rochester Photos

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I would definately do something near Paint Creek/Clinton River area.
    Also, there's a gazbo on the South East corner of Livernois & Avon.  It's a super popular place for wedding photos.  The river runs right there also.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

If you are looking to get more of the "downtown" vibe in your shots (might sound crazy) but there are a lot of cool alleys and buildings with exposed brick that can make for some fun, edgy shots. My photographer loves shooting there. There is also a really cool tall firescape right downtown, forget what corner it is on but i've seen some really awesome shots taken there as well.

• Options
    SarahP83SarahP83 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Try the patio of Paint Creek Tavern...right over the river and really pretty if you can get the diners to move for a bit.  Also, the trail/garden behind the Rochester Public Library.  Oh...and the Rochester Park Hotel.  : )
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards