Michigan-Detroit
Options

Dance lessons for first dance?

Has anyone taken dance lessons for their first dance?

I just want one and have them show us how to dance to the song we picked.

Any idea on price?

Re: Dance lessons for first dance?

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I believe Schoolcraft has a wedding dance class under their Continuing Education courses.  I want to say it was about $75/person.

It was cancelled for this summer but they most likely will be offering it again:

http://www.schoolcraft.cc.mi.us/www-catalog/CES.SS.80.HTM
  • Options
    GnatthebrideGnatthebride member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

Madison Heights and sterling heights also offer one through their city classes. Cost is around the same. We signed up for one last fall and one of the other couples was also getting married.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Ok, Im so going to so this as well.  Emarston1, do you know if they just teach regular dancing, or can you give them your song, and they create something customized??
    image 280 Invited
    image 250 are ready to party! image 30 have better things to do image0 are lollygagging
    RSVP Date: April 2
    Wedding Countdown Ticker image ~PlanningBio~
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011

Unfortunately I don't know.  I just remember another knottie had asked about this awhile ago and I bookmarked the site.  Sorry!

• Options
    trishalynne01trishalynne01 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011

We are going to Arthur Murray in Sterling Heights, I think they are all the same cost, we are paying $120 a lesson.  They will help you come up with a dance to your song and whats fun is you can go to group classes the entire week of your lesson.  We are having a ton of fun with it.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    We took some basic "learn to dance" classes through InMotion Dance Studio up in Midland (probably not helpful info, sorry).

We are planning to take another round of dance lessons, hopefully focusing on our first dance, through Fred Astaire dance studio in Bloomfield Hills.  We start this Friday actually, so I'll let you know how it goes!  We signed up because they had a groupon for 3 45 minute dance lessons (2 private, 1 group) for just $50/couple.  I have no idea what they're usual rate is. 
  • Options
    mlmamomlmamo member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We took dance lessons at Schoolcraft College in Livonia through the Continuing Education program. It costs about $60/person. You learn how to do both waltz and fox trot dances and you can bring in your first dance song to practice to. It was helpful and our first dance was wonderful, fun and memorable!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    we are taking lessons at Fred Astaire Dance Studio in Bloomfield Hills....they have been wonderful and have made it really fun for us:) we aren't very good dancers and they are great teachers!!!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards