Michigan-Detroit
Options

DJ frustration

I've trying to find a DJ right now and then I think I can relax on planning stuff until June (one year out).  Anyway, I'm getting frustrated with calling people for quotes.  But more than that, I'm frustrated with this one company that I will not be using.  They keep emailing me or calling me to have them do the wedding.  They even emailed me the DJ's resume (with typos!).  When I told them we will not be using them (and to let them know there are typos) the owner started sending me a ton of emails.  He sent me one email with the awards they have won, another email with testimonials, another email with celebrities for stuff they have done, another email with a contract (different from the one he first emailed me that I didn't ask for), and an email asking if I could edit the typos for them in his resume!  SERIOUSLY!  The owner also sends each email from a different company email so that I have to filter them into my spam box.  I hate the must use us mentality they have (the owner called me and so did the DJ after I said we are going elsewhere).  Sorry, there are way more companies out there for us to use... he's not getting this.

Re: DJ frustration

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes, I know how that is. I kept getting emails until I responded that I had found my DJ.

If you go on my bio (link below), check the vendor page. The DJ we are using came highly recommended by Knotties who are now married and rarely visit. He is also an officiant AND can provide beer, wine, and a bartender!

His prices are VERY reasonable IMO.
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks Sue!  I'll look into your DJ.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG! I'm glad I haven't had that happen to me!!!

I just switched my DJ to Sunshine Entertainment (Paul) came recommended by other Knotties on here and so far he has been great to work with and has also helped suggest other vendors that I've been looking for (cake, lighting, etc)

If you'd like contact information let me know. :)  Or I can send you the information that I have, just PM me your email address.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards