Michigan-Detroit

Where are (or did) you and the bridal party get ready?

I'm just thinking about where I should get ready with the bridesmaids. I'm thinking about the hotel that we'll be staying in after the wedding...would we use the room that my new husband and I will be staying in that night? I'm not sure if that's weird or not. I'm not sure if were staying in that hotel the night before or not, but I hadn't really anticipated getting a suite for that night too. What are you guys doing?

Re: Where are (or did) you and the bridal party get ready?

• We got ready in the hotel.  I had the honeymoon suite for Friday night, we used the suite to get ready in (hair, make up, get dressed), and then went to the ceremony.  The hotel came in to clean and then it was nice and ready for us after the reception.

I guess I didn't think it was weird because it made the most logistical sense.  That way we didn't have to move all of our stuff into the suite the day of the wedding.  It worked out really well actually.

DH and his guys got ready in IL's room.  They were guys, they didn't need a big room to get ready in :)
  • We got ready at my parents house.   I wanted to just get ready at a hotel but it was really important to my mom to get pictures on the stairs and in front of the house.  They brought my suitcase in their car and I transferred it to DH's rental at the end of the night.
  • I think getting ready in the hotel would be fine. All of us except Kevin's daugther got ready at my house..........his daughter got ready with him at his prior home.
  • I was thinking of doing the same thing. Makes sense to me. That way all of our stuff will be there after the wedding and we wont have to worry about it since we will be heading to the airport the following day.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are getting ready in the hotel. I have the suite for both Friday and Saturday night.

I was recently in a wedding were we got ready in a hotel room but it wasn't the suite the bride and groom were in the night of there wedding. Problem being we had to be out by 1 and couldn't check in to the other room into 3. Plus it was such a pain to have all our luggage and move everything.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are getting ready at my house. THe hair lady is coming here.
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
    200image 167image 32image 1image RSVP Date: May 1st
  • I'm getting my hair/makeup done at my hotel in the room I'm sleeping in after the rehearsal - definitely switching to a separate suite the night of the wedding that is too weird for me.  We're staying at the Book Cadillac. My bridal party will be treated to hair, makeup and mani pedi's at my regular salon while I get ready with my mom - then...
    Once my hair and makeup is done I'm meeting my girls at a family member's estate to get dressed there  - I was way to uncomfortable at the thought of stepping out of my hotel room for a moment to grab breakfast or take a phone call and have housekeeping ruin or defile my dress - no way no how - so I'll be keeping my dress at a relative's estate who happens to live near my church.  It should work nicely as their home is beautiful inside and out.   If you don't have the convenience of a home to get ready in - the hotel is ok as long as you have someone guarding your dress while you're away...no sense in risking someone accidentally vaccuuming up the end of a designer gown at a hotel.
  • DH and I spent our wedding night in our apartment... I thought it would be much better than a hotel because it was our first night together in the apartment (we just started renting 2 weeks prior and DH was sleeping there and I was still living at home. During the 2 weeks I moved my stuff there but never slept with him). 

The night before the wedding my girls and I stayed at a hotel (I really wanted to go hot-tubbing to relax before the big day) and got ready there... (Hair and makeup came to the hotel room)

but the church also had a getting ready room that we did last touches/I put my dress on. 

The guys got ready at our apartment, the limo picked them up and took them to the church that had a room for the guys too (with a really cool one-way mirror to the church).
  • We'll get ready at the hotel. FI will have our wedding night suite on Friday night, so he and the guys will get ready there. I'm staying at my parents on Friday night because it's closer to my salon, so after hair/make-up we'll drive down to the hotel and likely the girls will get ready in the room my parents are staying in on Friday/Saturday night.

I really don't think it's weird to get ready in the room you and your groom will be sleeping in. As Liz said, you'll likely be out early enough that maid service will come through (or you could request it if you're later) and it's not as though it'll be "decorated" for you and your groom. At that point in the day it really is just a hotel room.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • I should re phrase how I said "way too weird for me" before...I just meant it won't be as special for me.  I like the idea of a having a separate room to experience our first night as man and wife together.  Not so much "weird," moreso just played out. 
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards