August 2013 Weddings

Timing for cake, flowers and dress

I spoke to the cake baker today and she said since my wedding package from the venue includes the cake I don't need to hurry with the cake tasting. She said they already have my date down in their calendar, I'm guaranteed to have my cake. I decided I'll schedule the cake tasting for after the holidays, in January.

The package also came with floral centerpieces. I haven't called them yet. I want to go to the two vendors they work with to see what they offer.

I still have not stepped foot in a dress shop. I've only browsed magazines and online.

My question is, what is good timing to get these items setteled?

Thanks!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Timing for cake, flowers and dress

• Here is a link to the ceremony/reception venue in case anyone is curious. We chose the gold package.
    http://www.wedgewoodbanquet.com/packages.php
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I would talk to your florist and baker and see what they say. They will be able to tell you exactly when you should be getting those things done.

As far as dress shopping you should be doing that now. I ordered my dress last Saturday and it is scheduled to come in April-May which will give me about 3 months for alterations.

• I'd meet with the florists soon, too. You don't need to know exactly what you want yet, but you could get broad estimates, pick one, and get a deposit down to hold your date.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_timing-for-cake-flowers-and-dress?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:6e06d529-b4da-4c48-a103-e4078bd1e0b8Post:38e22b88-4ec5-4bdd-b6c3-edb9280bdc66">Re:Timing for cake, flowers and dress</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'd meet with the florists soon, too. You don't need to know exactly what you want yet, but you could get broad estimates, pick one, and get a deposit down to hold your date.
    Posted by Xstatic3333[/QUOTE]

I have heard this time and time again on TK but when I called florists here they told me not to worry about it until the 2 month out mark and set a meeting time at that point. I wonder if it is a regonal thing.
  • Yeah, start looking for your dress now. I got mine in September and it's supposed to be in by January. My veil, bra, and slip have already come in, but the dress obviously takes longer. My consultant said between the 9-12 month mark you should get your dress to give time for alterations and ordering. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

Daisypath Graduation tickers
  • I think it must be, RailWay. I only met with one but she said she was hearing from lots of summer 2013 brides already.
  • I made an appointment at Alfred Angelo for the dress! I'll give the florists a call to see what they say about timing. Thanks for the advice!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards