Michigan-Detroit

How to work thank you notes

Hello Ladies!
So I'm married and feeling great  :) I'll post my reviews in the review post above but I have a quick question on Thank You notes.

So my husband (yay!) and I kind of got a little too excited and opened our cards without keeping track of who gave how much cash. I'm just kind of stuck on how I word my thank you card to the ones who gave cash, I feel pretty horrible I didn't keep track but I know I can't be the only one who did this...
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: How to work thank you notes

• You don't need to include how much they gave. Thank them for coming to the wedding and for the "beautiful card and generous monetary gift". It doesn't matter if they gave you $20 or $500. If you want you can write a little blurb about what you plan on doing with the money .
    June 16, 2012
  • You don't need to mention the amount. Just say "thanks so much for your generous gift of money" then talk about what you plan to do with it -- save for a home, buy some items for your new home together, etc. You don't even need to specifiy whether they gave cash or a check.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • OK thank you! My mom was all upset with me because she said I needed to put in there how much they gave me...Thank you again :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I agree with everyone else... But....if someone gave you an incredibly generous gift of say, more than 500 it might be nice to give a more extensive thank you. I think its important to write down exactly what everyone gave you, but not for thank you cards sake. More for future reference...and I really don't mean that in a shallow way. Let's just say if aunt suzie gives me 1k and aunt millie gives me a 20, I might be more inclined to send suzie abirthday card for many years to come, or keep her in mind around the holidays.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards