Michigan-Detroit
Options

Sick 4 days before my wedding VENT!!

I have either have the worst cold or the worst allergy attack I've had in years!! It my be a combo of both. I just want it to go away before Saturday! I don't want to feel like sh*t on my wedding day! My nose will not stop running, I keep coughing and I'm having the hardest time sleeping. I need to get things done these next few day! Knottie Vibes...if you don't mind, would you please send them my way!
Thank you. 
x

Re: Sick 4 days before my wedding VENT!!

• Options
    jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    ::VIBES:: to you!

Do you have a netti pot? Highly recommended for allergies. My other top recommendations are an air purifier, apple juice, a multivitamin and plenty of rest.
  • Options
    queenfm85queenfm85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    VIBES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I know its SO hard not to stress but the more stress on your body the more it can cause your immune system to weaken. I'm sure everything will work out! :) FEEL BETTER!!
    Danielle & Tyler

10-10-10

"God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 126 Invited image 41 Getting Crazy image 10 Party Poopin image 75 MIA
    RSVP Date: September 10th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Oh no!!!  That sucks. :(  Big time vibes for you!

There are lots of allergy meds you can buy without a prescription that work pretty well.  But honestly, it sounds like you have a cold.  So I'd do anything you can to help out your immune system, and that's got to include resting and relaxing b/c stress is really bad for you!  Get someone else to help you with your last minute to-do list, and try not to worry about your wedding (although i'm sure it's hard).  Ditto all of Jody's advice, especially about the netti pot.  You really don't need to buy anything special, just find a way to snort some water up your nose.  It sounds weird, but there's actually science behind it and it works wonders for me when I'm congested!  I'm also a big fan of sudafed (the REAL stuff, you need to get it from the pharmacy counter) and running a humidifier at night.  And eat lots of vitamin C!
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Take your vitamins, get a lot of sleep, you'll be fine!  :-)  And even if you are a bit sniffly on the big day, everything will still be perfect. 

Almost there...
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ::VIBES:: And ditto all the pp advice. I hope you feel better soon!  As tough as it is, try to take a day to relax and hopefully that will jumpstart your recovery.
    Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    VIBES!!  Feel better!
  • Options
    Melgor78Melgor78 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Sending you vibes, hope you feel better.  Try not to stress and try some nyquil at night.  It always helps me sleep when I'm sick.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Lakerchic7272Lakerchic7272 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Mega VIBES! I have awful alergies.  Try Zertic-D (or Zertic and Suedafedine max).  Also try washing your sheets and pillows-  I find this helps me alot everytime.
    My Wedding Bio Updated 4-2-10
    Married August 14th, 2010
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sending some major vibes your way!

Ditto everyone about the netti pot. It works wonders. It will be the best $15 you spend. Try it out. And get plenty of rest. Everything will work out just fine!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married on Saturday too and FI and I are both sick!!! Actually he got me sick. We both have horrible colds. I've stayed home from work for two days now even though I probably could work, I want to rest and make sure that I am well. The positive to all of this:

1. I'm able to work on last minute wedding things slowly and when I feel up to it which means less panic on Thurs. and Friday
    2. I"m not very hungry and i'm loosing about a pound a day. I realize it'll all just come back on once I start eatting normal again, but I'll for sure fit in my dress :)

Rest Rest Rest!! And Good Luck with your wedding! The weather looks like it will be good and I'm sure you'll be feeling much better by Saturday, even if you have a few sniffles or a little cough you'll be fine and it won't get you down!
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I hope you feel better Emily! That sucks!

The next few days are supposed to be really nice weatherwise. I recall you had tons of stuff left to do. I'd recommend you do what you can outside, spread out a blanket, or set up some outdoor furniture, get some rays (great vitamin absorption), the fresh air should help (unless it's allergies, sorry).

Take a break every day, lay in a hammock outside, or just on the couch and rest your eyes. At least an hour. It helps keep up your energy level if you can't sleep at night.

Tylenol PM or Nyquil PM should help. Just not at the same time!

I'll keep you in my thoughts.........I feel like crap as well, but at least it's just keeping me in the house, not a major event coming my way.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards