Michigan-Detroit

New here- Need help

Hi ladies,
I'm new to the knot and my FI and I are looking to get married in June 2014. We are having difficulty finding formal reception venues that accomodate smaller parties on a Saturday evening (Most family are coming from out of town, so Fri and Sun is out). We will probably have 150, max. Do you ladies know anything around the metro-Detroit area that doesn't have a minimum, or tend to be more flexible? TIA!

Re: New here- Need help

• Welcome TaylorALee.

Check the vendor thread at the top of this board for information on where many of the Detrot area brides had their receptions.

Also, if you haven't checked it yet, the Knot's vendor tabs have reception vendors.

Asking a general question like you have often results in responses to be more specific. For example, metro Detroit north, east or west? Type of venue you are looking for (ie all inclusive that supplies everything, or just a building where you can bring in your own caterer, alcohol, etc).

Off the top of my head I can think of the following:

The Gazebo in Warren
    Farina's in Berkley
    Blossom Heath Inn in St Clair Shores

There are many others, but you'd need to be more specific.

Good luck and congrats! Looking forward to hearing about your wedding plans as they evolve.
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_new-here-need-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:9769bc6e-f6c0-4f2d-ae6a-3f299082b386Post:27b7421a-8049-4dfc-9c6a-b5912dd63db5">New here- Need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]Hi ladies, I'm new to the knot and my FI and I are looking to get married in June 2014. We are having difficulty finding formal reception venues that accomodate smaller parties on a Saturday evening (Most family are coming from out of town, so Fri and Sun is out). We will probably have 150, max. Do you ladies know anything around the metro-Detroit area that doesn't have a minimum, or tend to be more flexible? TIA!
    Posted by TaylorALee[/QUOTE]

from what I've encountered most places don't have a people minimum but a total spending minimum
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

• In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_new-here-need-help?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:9769bc6e-f6c0-4f2d-ae6a-3f299082b386Post:7515e4ec-e229-4b3e-ba94-ce8d4b29875b">Re: New here- Need help</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to New here- Need help : from what I've encountered most places don't have a people minimum but a total spending minimum
    Posted by drandreasalazar[/QUOTE]

Agreed.  I have ran into a few but for the "higher end" stuff, it's usually a spending minimumm. 
    Also, welcome to the board!  Sue made some great suggestions in her post so I'll just ditto that.
  • We are having our reception at the Palazzo Grande in Shelby Twp. There is one room (same one we booked) That has a 150 min for Sat events. Call and speak with Lindsay - she can probably help you as she was more than accommodating for us. Good luck :)
  • My husband's dad is getting married at the Detroit Historical Museum in April. They aren't allowed to have over 150, and also get to bring in their own caterer, so there's flexibility in that regard for cost. Might be worth checking out! :)
    Anniversary
  • We're getting married at Biddle Hall in Wyandotte, MI in October of 2013.

They have a minimum of 70 guests for a Saturday night, and they can hold up to 200 guests.

It isn't a ridiculously fancy venue, but it is simple and elegant.

Go check it out :) If you have any questions about it, ask me and I'll try to give an answer! =]

• The Detroit Yacht Club didn't have a minimum when I got married there. We had 160 attend and used their large ballroom. It was roomy, but worked. They also have a smaller room. You might also try the Scarab Club in midtown Detroit. I don't know if they have a minimum but I do know they are a smaller venue.
    Items for sale & Detroit vendor Reviews:
    www.detroitwedding.weebly.com
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Daisypath Anniversary tickers
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards