Michigan-Detroit
Options

Cost of invitations

I'd like to get a ballpark for how much people spend in this area for invitations. I don't mean DIY ones from a craft store; I mean ones you order from a stationary shop, specifically, traditional bordered ecru invitations on heavy card stock with thermography printing. Could you ladies help me with getting an idea? We'll be ordering about 75 of them with everything: outer/inner envelopes, reception cards, response cards/envelopes, and thank yous. Thanks for your help!

Re: Cost of invitations

• Options
    ejayejay member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I ordered invites through carlson craft, my cake lady was a vendor so she got them for me at the same cost that it costs her to purchase them (she didn't take a profit)... but if you look online a lot of carlson craft invitations can be found for at least 40% off, which is what I would aim for, I think I got mine for 50% off, at least. 
  • Options
    emily1004emily1004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    With the invitation itself, the outer and inner envelope, the rsvp envelope, the rsvp card, and the accommodations card, and don't forget the cost of the proof, taxes and shipping.  For me it equaled out to be around $900. Bare in mind, I didn't pick the cheapest invitation and I had about 175 invitations that went out. Plus my wedding planner gave me 40% off. (If I paid retail it would of been more than $1200) You do the math, and I paid around $5.15 for each invitation. You can end up paying a lot less for something simple, or a lot more for something more complex. Don't forget postage too. I spent more than $150 for that, and I still had issues with the post office. Most people got their invitation, but a couple got sent back because some postal carries considered it a package. It was NOT a package it was a letter. I'm still bitter about the whole thing. (Just keep that in mind when you send them out.) Send it to yourself and get a few postal workers to quote you on how much it will cost to send. 
    x
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We're choosing a simple invitation through American Wedding. For 100 invitations, response cards with envelopes, reception cards, response cards with envelopes, lined envelopes and return address printing, extra envelopes and tissue it will cost less than $500.00.
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    i havent ordered mine yet. but my sister just ordered hers through her chapel (white wedding chapel- or whatever it's call in Fraser) she paid $250. obviously, from seenig everyone else's posts, her price isn't average. but maybe see what vendor your receptions venue works with to get a discount?...
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine are going to be custom made. I am using So In Love Invitations. She has quoted me $3.45/invite. That inlcudes: outer ecru envelope, 5x7 panel invite with brown backing and ecru as the main part of the invte, belly bands (we're using those instead of inner envelopes), 2 inserts, lining of the envelopes, and graphics on the invite. I thought that was a pretty good deal.

Keep in mind that your prices will vary if you want a panel or pocketfold. Pocketfolds tend to be more because there's more paper and its more involved. Also, I would suggest you forgo the inner envelope. More and more people are stearing away from them and using belly bands. Plus it can cut down on the weight of the envelope saving you money for postage.

I looked at a couple stationary stores and they charged an arm and a leg for custom invites. I would highly recommend you shop around for these. I went to about 6 different places to get quotes before making a decision.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am paying around $500.00 for mine including invitation, envelope, rsvp card, and the envelope for that. We are also ordering the matching thank you cards. I believe we are paying a little bit extra to have everything self addressed.

We ended up ordering from Vivianos...and they are giving us 25% off
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mine aren't thermograpy, they are digital print, but I ordered mine online from Wedding Paper Divas and they were about $400 for 90 invites with inner and outer envelopes, return addresses printed on the envelopes, and response sets. They are printed on heavy ecru paper. There was a design that I was in love with, but it was almost $900 for 90 sets because it was letterpress. The digital print is still very nice, but much cheaper than thermography or letterpress.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I priced ours out through Rexcraft online--thermography, purple ink, thank you notes, extra envelopes (just in case), outer envelopes, inner envelopes, RSVP cards and envelopes, but no reception card (put extra lines on lower left), blank note cards--all for under $400 for 100 people (about 75 invites).  Calla lily embossing, but single page invites.  Haven't checked out postage yet
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards