Michigan-Detroit
Options

Bachelorette Party

Since we are having a small wedding, some of my casual acquaintances have not made the guest list. Is it inappropriate to invite them to the bachelorette party?

Re: Bachelorette Party

• Options
    Lakerchic7272Lakerchic7272 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Yes. unless a DW, if they aren't invited to the wedding then they aren't invited to your B-Party.
    My Wedding Bio Updated 4-2-10
    Married August 14th, 2010
    Photobucket
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Yes. Anyone that is invited to wedding related events like the shower and bachelorette party should also be invited to the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    That's what I figured. Thanks for confirming.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am trying to tell FI this rule too - he keeps inviting dudes from work to his bach party, and I keep telling him he has to invite them to the wedding now too. He insists you don't have to. (throws hands up in air)
    June 19, 2010
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I totally agree with previous post. But I am fuming b/c I just heard that my mom invited some ladies to my bridal shower that she clearly knows I didn't invite to the wedding! Arrghh! I told her it is inappropriate to do this, she disagree's..yikes!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    For guys I feel like it's a total double standard - guys just want boobs and beer & a nice ride around town. I dont think they would even care if they were invited to the wedding or not. 

My husband had a ton of ppl that weren't invited to the wedding come to his bach party... We also live in FL & the wedding was in MI so I guess we could have used that as an excuse if they did say anything. 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_bachelorette-party-2?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:9daf92b9-645e-4468-af58-b344048dc012Post:21aa73cf-fede-44d4-bd67-89be14a607b4">Re: Bachelorette Party</a>:
    [QUOTE]For guys I feel like it's a total double standard - guys just want boobs and beer & a nice ride around town. I dont think they would even care if they were invited to the wedding or not.   
    Posted by MeghanAshley00[/QUOTE]

Yeah - I think this is what FI is thinking too. Dudes don't care about etiquette, I bet none of them would get bent out of shape if they didn't get a wedding invite but still went to see some bewbs in their face. ha.
    June 19, 2010
    Photobucket Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    A few years ago, Brian was invited to a bachelor party, but not the wedding.  I told him it was pretty much a slap in the face for them to be like "Hey, come to my party, but you aren't good enough to be invited to the wedding."  He agreed.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Just an FYI I learned the other day.  Apparently back in the day (like when our parents got married) the thing TO DO was to invite those NOT invited to the wedding to your shower.  I think it's totally weird and completely inappropriate, but apparently that's how things were done.  So, maybe that's why we have MOB's inviting non-wedding attendees to the showers.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, a big reason I ask is because I have never been to a bachelorette party before. i'm from Canada and what everyone typically does over there is a stag-and-doe party...it's kind of like a combined bachelor/bachelorette/engagement party where friends and family from both sides get together. The families and bridal party put it on...they usually rent out a hall and provide food and drinks and there are different games going on all night. They are blasts and pretty much everyone who is invited shows up. Guests pay about $20 each (all $ goes to the bride and groom) and it usually lasts about five to six hours. Things may have changed since I moved to the States, but up until my own bachelorette party, I will have never been to one! LOL
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards