Michigan-Detroit
Options

Bella Alterations

My dress is from David's Bridal, but from my own experience with their customer service/alterations staff and other comments from local knotties- I'm thinking that I should not risk them doing the alterations. So those of you that have recommended Bella's, did you have a dress with 2 different layers (one being lace) that needed to be hemmed (mine will need approx. 3inches)? I'm slightly nervous over the lace being hemmed and somehow ruined/unfixable. Also, when did they want you to come in for your first fitting. TIA!
Anniversary Vacation Vacation

Re: Bella Alterations

• Options
    lndskellylndskelly member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have every confidence that she can accomplish anything you bring her seamlessly. She did a hem on my dress (3 inches) but that was mostly tulle and she did bring in the top of my dress which was very complicated lace and beading. Whatever it is, she can do it. I came in 8 weeks before my wedding I think but I'm sure it doesn't matter to her as long as you give her enough time to get the work done. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I know nothing about Bella, but I had a similar style dress from DB.  If it has a finished/scalloped edge on the bottom, the bottom section of lace is removed, then the lace is hemmed, then the finished edge is reattached.  You can't even tell anything happened!

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards