Michigan-Detroit

NWR: Music Questions

My almost 20 year old sister just broke up with her BF of 2 years.  It was mutual, and I couldn't be happier about this (I think they need time apart whether it just is a break or a break up).  Even though it was mutual she is an emotional wreck.  I remember during break-ups I loved to lock myself in my room and just listen to music, that helped me more than anything else.  So, I would like to make a playlist for her of different songs to help her out. 

What are your favorite songs to help through a tough time?
Anything goes...I know sometimes slow sappy songs to bawl your eyes out to are nice, other times strong female music is nice, completely silly music, or even angry music.  I will probably do a few different playlists designated to each emotion because I know what an emotional rollercoaster she is on right now.
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: NWR: Music Questions

• carpediem27carpediem27 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Comment
    edited December 2011

Dashboard Confessional "The Places You Have Come To Fear The Most"

I've always thought this was a great breakup music album, maybe b/c it came out right before I went thru a huge breakup, but I think it stands the test of time!

Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Brandi Carlile The Story. This song and the way she sings breaks my heart and lifts my spirit all at the same time. Oldies always make me happy. It's impossible to be sad and listen to songs from the late 50s thru mid-60s. I can't tell you how many times I have sung Respect into my microphone (aka - hairbrush)!
  • edited December 2011
    Oooh I got this. Best angry song ever. Angry Johnny by Poe. When ever my little high school heart was broken I would lock myself in my room and sing it real loud and off key : )  My poor parents.
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I love Alanis. She always makes me feel good.
  • edited December 2011
    Thank you so much for all of the suggestions!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards