Michigan-Detroit
Options

question...

This might sound like a stupid question but...
   I know you send out where to find your registry in the shower invites, but do you also do that for the wedding invites, or is that just kinda a free for all, you know everyone just brings what ever gift if they want, if they choose to get you one? 
image165 Invited
image9 are ready to party
image0 Aren't coming
image156 Can't find their mail box
RSVP Deadline: September 19th

I will make mistakes
I will face heartache
On Christ the Solid Rock I stand All other ground is sinking sand I will not be moved Wedding Countdown Ticker
Planning Bio/ Blog

Re: question...

• Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The ladies over on the etiquette board state that it's really rude to put information about your registry in your wedding invitations.  The idea is that it's like "Come to my party!  Remember to bring me a present!"  Apparently it's okay for a shower, since the whole point of a shower is to "shower the bride" with gifts. 

If people want to know where you're registered, they'll usually do a google search or call up one of the parents and close relatives and get the info via word of mouth.  You can also put info about it on your wedding website.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    lovetruly06lovetruly06 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thats what I thought, thanks:) always better to ask and know.
    image165 Invited
    image9 are ready to party
    image0 Aren't coming
    image156 Can't find their mail box
    RSVP Deadline: September 19th

I will make mistakes
    I will face heartache
    On Christ the Solid Rock I stand All other ground is sinking sand I will not be moved Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Planning Bio/ Blog
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Mel nailed it.  And I think most people will figure out where you're registered, avoiding most of the gift free-for-all.
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I agree with the etiquette portion. If you have a wedding website, and put that on your STD's, most people will know about that, and it's ok to put where you are registered on the website. I've seen several people's who had it on there. But do NOT put your website on your invitations either.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_question-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:a4cd9d4a-b209-4d51-a09d-d47f87a99050Post:cad889dc-6907-4c87-8a46-5dccf85c346b">Re: question...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I agree with the etiquette portion. If you have a wedding website, and put that on your STD's, most people will know about that, and it's ok to put where you are registered on the website. I've seen several people's who had it on there.<strong> But do NOT put your website on your invitations either.
    </strong>Posted by Sue-n-Kevin[/QUOTE]

I have not heard this before, and I disagree with it.  I think it's totally fine to put your website in with invites, as long as that website contains more than just your registry info.  Not everyone sends STDs (we didn't!), so there might not be another way to get the website to the guests.
  • Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_question-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:a4cd9d4a-b209-4d51-a09d-d47f87a99050Post:f1d9faf3-1970-4ff1-80b6-e00ce96e6f63">Re: question...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: question... : I have not heard this before, and I disagree with it.  I think it's totally fine to put your website in with invites, as long as that website contains more than just your registry info.  Not everyone sends STDs (we didn't!), so there might not be another way to get the website to the guests.
    Posted by abbeylynne06[/QUOTE]

I would add to this that I don't mind seeing info about the wedding website in the invitation packet, but I'm not too keen about actually seeing it on the invite itself.  To me, it just takes a little away from the elegance of the invite to see a web address at the bottom.  I definitely don't have a problem with seeing it on the inserts, though.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_question-4?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:a4cd9d4a-b209-4d51-a09d-d47f87a99050Post:c6861bc7-093d-4ca8-bd5f-0a42422f47b1">Re: question...</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: question... : I would add to this that I don't mind seeing info about the wedding website in the invitation packet, but I'm not too keen about actually seeing it on the invite itself.  To me,<strong> it just takes a little away from the elegance of the invite to see a web address at the bottom</strong>.  I definitely don't have a problem with seeing it on the inserts, though.
    Posted by matuofm[/QUOTE]

I agree!
  • Options
    lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm e-mailing my website that my bridesmaid made me to my guests.  My thought it anyone that will actually go the website is someone that has an e-mail.
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards