Michigan-Detroit
Options

Bridesmaid Jewelery

I bought each of my bridesmaids a pearl necklace and pearl earrings to wear on my wedding day.  This is not considered part of the bm gift...that is an entirely seperate budget.  My wedding is not until October but I already have the jewelery because I found an amazing deal them.  Originally I planned to give them to the girls at the rehearsal dinner along with the rest of their gifts however, I realized it might then come off as part of the gift and don't want that to be tacky.  Then I was thinking, I could give them to the girls after we go shopping for bm dresses.  My only concern there is that they would lose them or forget about them over the next 7 1/2 months.  Any suggestions?
Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml

Re: Bridesmaid Jewelery

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I plan on giving my girls the earrings I got them to wear with the rest of the gifts.  I think this is normal since I have seen it done before.  Since you are giving them something else too, I don't think you should be too worried about it.
    DS Born 12/21/11 #2 EDD 4/7/13
  • Options
    Melgor78Melgor78 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    The only thing with waiting is if they don't know there getting jewelry they might buy something and some places don't accept returns.  I was given jewelry as a bm gift but it didn't have to be worn for the wedding.  Maybe you could have a lunch with them a few months before and give it to them than.  I I would hope that they would not lose something that is part of there attire for the wedding.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have been a BM a lot, and I have received jewelry to wear at the wedding as the gift four times. I don't see why people think it's tacky. It's a gift you can keep that someone bought for you. I guess if you are giving a orange pearl and feather choker than I can see it, but I have received some very nice jewelry. Maybe bring a set for your MOH to wear when you try on dresses and tell the girls you are thinking of ordering them. That way they won't buy their own, and you don't have to worry about them loosing them.
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Autumn bride brings up a good point, however, maybe you could mention it while BM dress shopping, "hey ladies, don't worry about jewerly, i'll cover that". I'd give it to them at the rehersal dinner so they don't lose it.
    I have been given BM jewerly at the two weddings i was in. I didn't think it was tacky. i thought it was thoughtful . It's one less expense for your girls, i'm sure they'll apperciate it.
    The only other thing i'd suggest is to make sure the jewerly will fit everyone ok. I'm plus size and the jewerly i got for one wedding did not fit my body size at all. It was a tiny danity little necklace, so be aware of that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My SIL bought us jewelry to wear for her upcoming wedding, and she gave it to us along with the rest of the gifts at her shower since she didn't have a RD.  However, she didn't tell us she wanted us to wear it until a few days later.  I think it's okay to give them the jewelry together, but make sure they know it's coming.  
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for the input! I think I'll just let them know that I'm taking care of it, and probably bring one to coordinate while dress shopping but wait until the rd to give it to them.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards