Michigan-Detroit
Options

Dog Sitter Recs?

I know a lot of you have dogs, so I'm wondering what you are planning to do with them for the wedding?  Since anyone who I would think to ask to watch him will be at the wedding, I'm not really sure what to do with him.  I'm guessing we'll have to take him to a kennel for the day/night, and then he'll go back with FFIL for our honeymoon.  So does anyone have a good rec for a dog sitter anywhere between Canton and Detroit?

Re: Dog Sitter Recs?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Try www.care.comyou can find petsitters on there and interview them
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We took our dog to the Animal Activity Center in Sterling Heights (near my parents & venue). They board and provide play time. Nelly isn't the best social dog for playing with other dogs. (We didn't have Seamus at that point)

I would definitely recommend Canine to Five in Detroit. Seamus goes there for daycare & they board. Seamus has a blast and they do a great job there. Rates are very reasonable.
    www.caninetofivedetroit.com
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I second Canine to Five, a friend of mine works there (my MOH actually) and she loves it and has never said a bad word about it.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    HiggyFan42HiggyFan42 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I would also call your vet.  A lot of the technicians do pet sitting for some extra cash.  Usually they will take your puppy into their home while you are away. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPicImage and video hosting by TinyPic
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Baby Birthday Ticker Ticker
    Pregnancy Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Um, me? LOL

My little sister (she's 12) actually has a pet-sitting business going on, she watches all of the neighbors' pets (dogs, or anything in a cage or tank) regularly. She even has business cards LMAO

I take the overflow when too many ppl want her to watch dogs- my step-mom has a 2 dog limit on her haha

If you're interested you can email me, I'll give you my step-mom's #
    hippie4yahweh [at] yahoo [dot] com
    Steph and Chris, 6/26/10
    Planned Executed
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Robyn Lamb in Canton She is great! 734 331-7922
  • Options
    amyn1919amyn1919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    American pet resort in Royal Oak or

Pawz Inn in Madison Heights
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    emily1004emily1004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Camp Bow Wow in Troy is great!! (there are several in Michigan) I take Lola there for boarding and daycare every now and then. Your dog won't sit in a cage all day. They get to play with other dogs it's own size. Lola has separation anxiety, and she loves it there. 

x
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for the suggestions!  I just realized that I we are going to have to just do someone who will come play with him/take him out at our house...not a camp because Monte is not neutered, which is a requirement (understandably so!) for the boarding places.  That makes things more difficult.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We are trying to figure this out too. I don't want to take him to anywhere so we'll probably pay someone to house/dog sit (and actually stay at our house). Now it's just finding someone I can trust to take care of the house and actually walk my dog everyday.
  • Options
    jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    This site might help you then: http://www.petsitters.org/.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards