Michigan-Detroit
Options

guest book- necessary?

I am going through Etsy looking for a card box, and there are a ton of really cute guest books too. I was thinking about just getting a large plate for people to sign. But I think both is overkill... is a guest book really necessary now-a-days?
Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest

Re: guest book- necessary?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Honestly I love the new types of guest books (signing a plate, photobooth strip guestbooks, thumb prints, etc.) Instead of a plain book you sign your name and provide your address. And yes, I think 2 would be unnecessary.
  • Options
    amyn1919amyn1919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No, not necessary at all! I had one and now I don't know what to do with it. You know who was there. Don't waste your money.
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    It's not necessary, but I loved reading the little notes that everyone left (especially since the notes got better as the night went on). Two seems like overkill though.
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not necessary. We had a photobook with our engagement pics readily seen when our guests walked in. I think we got maybe 10 people writing things. I won't say it was a waste of money, but people often don't feel the need to write what they are already telling you.
  • Options
    db1985db1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    They are a nice keepsake, but I don't think they are necessary.  We are doing a photo book with our engagement pics in it and leaving room for people to sign.  I received a free one from Snap Fish though, otherwise I'm not sure If I would have done it.

I really like the note card idea mentioned in the previous post!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great Idea!! I actually already made a photo book with our engagement photos. I'll just use that since tehre are empty pages in the front and back, and put it next to a frame that asks them to sign it!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards