Michigan-Detroit

Reception Venue

I am having the hardest time finding a reception venue to accommodate around 230--inviting 285--which will fit into our vintage wedding theme and budget. The ceremony will occur in Ann Arbor, but depending on where the reception will be we can work around this. Does anyone have any suggestions of what possibilites are out there for me? I am desparately need help.

Re: Reception Venue

• vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011

You should read the sticky at the top of the board for vendor reviews, that might help.

• edited December 2011
    What are these "stickies" that everyone talks about??? 

My wedding reception is at the Meeting House Grand Ballroom in Plymouth, MI. Very affordable and very vintage :) The ballroom is from the 60s. Wood floors and chandeliers. 
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

The stickies are the yellow push pin posts at the top of the board. Prior brides have listed most of their vendors, prices and reviews there to assist new members in answering questions when planning.

• edited December 2011
    @skygas - word of advice, make sure your reception venue can accomodate all guests invited. Decline rates are an estimate and vary greatly wedding to wedding. You wouldn't want to assume a certain decline rate and then be overcapacity at the venue. @ebklug - a sticky post is one at the top of the board with the little push pin next to it. Also, the old vendor stickies are embedded within the new sticky (there are tons and tons of reviews in the embedded stickies).
  • drewmwdrewmw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Weller's in Saline - not too far from Ann Arbor. I believe their Carriage House holds up to like 300 for a reception, and the prices are really good. Check out their website: wellersweddings.com . It's gorgeous - very vintage and elegant!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
    image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
    image 6 Not ready to decide
    RSVP deadline: June 8
  • db1985db1985 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    We liked Webers in Ann Arbor.  I think the Grand Ballroom holds about 300.  It's not very vintage though since they just remodeled everything.
  • edited December 2011
    Both the ballroom in the Michigan League and the Rogel room in the Michigan Union hold that many people. My reception is in a smaller room in the Union and the staff has been great to work with... I've heard great things about the food as well. 
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards