Michigan-Detroit
Options

Confessions/Vents

Re: Confessions/Vents

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Vent: I'm working at least 45 hours in 3 days...not to mention every other day this week I'm here as well. 14 hours yesterday, 15 today and 16 tomorrow...yipee! Thankfully I love my job, p.s. if you are thinking about joining Life Time Fitness let me know, prices really are great right now and going up in April.
    And to top it off...whatever illness FI had last week, I came down with yesterday... fantastic.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vent: I am over pretty much everything right now! I'm over wedding planning, over work, over not living together with Dan on and on and on....  I am so overwhelmed and frustrated with everything. I hate that  that we don't live together and feel like it is a complete waste of time and money. Work is horrible right now and not looking to get any better. I want my life back... I want to come home to one house and not try and split my time between my house, his apartment and the 4 hotels I stay at each week. I guess today I'm just bitchy... I don't think you could give me a million dollars today and I'd be happy. Here's hoping tomorrow I wake up on the right side of the bed :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I confess that I too, am over it all...If I wasnt sure that our families would literally kill us, I'd elope- today!

Anniversary
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vent: my scale lies and I'm mad. I stepped on it a million times last night and got a different weight each time. I guess that's what I get for buying a cheap scale.
  • Options
    courtney1188courtney1188 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Confession: For the first time in my life I was actually on a diet and sticking to it, felt like I was losing some weight, everything was going great for two weeks...and this week I've fallen off track and have been drinking pop every time I want it, and fast food when I'm really hungry. Oops.

Vent: I have zero days off this week, they've asked me to pick up tons of hours and I'm working every day now. I need the money, so can't complain too much, but I still wish I could relaz for a bit. I work in retail, so it's constantly on my feet, lifting TVs, nowhere to sit down ever, ugh. But I'll be happy when I get my paycheck.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:b8d37c7c-0900-4714-b2eb-03ea29dd7d45Post:f9033339-346e-4e73-bf38-37fa2cff0d12">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]Vent: my scale lies and I'm mad. I stepped on it a million times last night and got a different weight each time. I guess that's what I get for buying a cheap scale.
    Posted by rcj2rcd[/QUOTE]

I hate my scale right now too.  Everyone says you lose weight right before the wedding, but not me.  I am not even going to say how much weight I put on in the last couple weeks but I will say that when I am stress ice cream makes me feel better.  I just hope my dress still fits.
    DS Born 12/21/11 #2 EDD 4/7/13
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Confession- my sister just canceled out girly date tonight... and i'm kinda sad. I was really looking forward to it. But she has a legit reason.

Vent- FI is really bothering me lately....like REALLY... (i needed that girly night)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lanejanelanejane member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:b8d37c7c-0900-4714-b2eb-03ea29dd7d45Post:3bc134c7-85f1-40e7-8c15-7e0d1ecb3c28">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : I hate my scale right now too.  Everyone says you lose weight right before the wedding, but not me.  I am not even going to say how much weight I put on in the last couple weeks but I will say that when I am stress ice cream makes me feel better.  I just hope my dress still fits.
    Posted by MrsBarstool2011[/QUOTE]

On the other hand, my confession is that I've been hiding from my scale ever since my birthday celebration last week that lasted two-to-three days too long. :(
    Photobucket Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vent: My only vent for the week is class related.  I'm tired of my one professor complaining about how bad the class does on a test.  Clearly if we are not really improving that much something is wrong, and I doubt it is the classes overall study habits.  Most of the students in the class are working on their master's and then going to med school while the others are taking it because they are PhD students (and I'm taking it because it will look good for grad school, plus it was free with my employee benefits).  The class average was a 69% on the last test.  I studied my butt off for the test and I only got a 84% (one of the highest grades in the class).  I wish he would stop complaining and change his testing format.
  • Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Vent: my extended family (aunts, cousins, etc.) is being supremely cold/uninterested/unsupportive of my marriage because they are close to my ex, to the point of coming up with excuses for why FI shouldn't attend family gatherings.  They have yet to meet him because of this.   :(   Lame.

Confession (disclaimer: probably very inflammatory): I like gifts.  I do.  If you'd like to give me a gift, I'm not going to complain.  And if I go to a wedding, I'm going to bring a gift.  As would anyone I know.  So it seems likely that if someone comes to my wedding, they're going to bring me a gift.  I'm not expecting it.  I won't be upset if they don't.  But I feel like every third message I read on the knot is about how someone is bending themselves into contortionist positions because the most important thing in the world is to avoid mentioning gifts at all costs because it's the rudest thing you could possibly do. 

It's a wedding.  It is relatively traditional that gifts are a part of it.  That's why we have the tradition of registries.  I'm not going to ask for gifts.  I'm not going to expect gifts. I'm not going to say anything that implies that I think someone will/should give me a gift.   But I feel like the typical attitude on these boards is that I should go to extreme lengths to pretend that I don't know that the concept of gifts exists, and act surprised to the point of a heart attack if I receive one, all the while preparing a registry.  This seems both exhausting and hypocritical. 

Okay, apparently that one was a vent too.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    To MMRoberts:

Totally agree.  If the *average* is a 69, the test was too hard.  Or the professor didn't teach the material well enough.  Either way, stop griping and be a better professor.

Plus, we're all adults.  We don't need you nagging us to study harder.  At this point, it's our choice.  I have a professor who actually walks around the room and checks that we did our homework every day (doesn't collect and correct it, just wants to put a check in her book that we did it) and then lectures the individuals who haven't finished it *in front of the class* about the importance of doing your homework.  Are we 8?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-34?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:b8d37c7c-0900-4714-b2eb-03ea29dd7d45Post:b824d1aa-325c-4297-9465-2f6a13180705">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession- my sister just canceled out girly date tonight... and i'm kinda sad. I was really looking forward to it. But she has a legit reason. Vent- FI is really bothering me lately....like REALLY... (i needed that girly night)
    Posted by klreese0213[/QUOTE]

Come to the GTG!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Vent: I am sick of the girl next to me at work asking me 20 million questions every 5 seconds. It's driving me crazy. I just want to sit here and do my work. I am also sick of her being lazy. Err
    BabyFruit Ticker

Photobucket

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Vent: FI procrastinated on the rehearsal dinner.  I finally sucked it up and began calling around...and all the places we want are booked.
  • Options
    wetz4975wetz4975 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Confession: I'm in Texas for work and I just got an offer from Ford. THey want me to start on the 11th of April but I don't want to give my two weeks until I get back home. I'm also not sure if I should take the Ford job because it will be a contract position and I'm in a direct position right now. I would like to get out of where I am but not ready to make a decision in Texas.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards