Michigan-Detroit
Options

Help me word this

We've arranged to have a hotel shuttle provide transportation for guests between the hotel and the reception.  I'd like to indicate this on the accommodations card that's in our invitations, but I can't for the life of me figure out how to word it!  This is what I have right now, but it sounds so awkward to me:

For your convenience, a block of rooms has been reserved at the following hotel: [hotel name, address, phone number]

Mention [our wedding] to receive a discounted rate

For those staying at this hotel, a shuttle will be available to provide transportation from the hotel to the reception following the ceremony.  The shuttle will return to provide transportation back to the hotel at the conclusion of the reception.  

Any thoughts on how I can make that sound better, or does it read ok to you?  Should I call it a "complimentary shuttle" so people know it's free, or is that obvious?  Should I state specific times it will pick up?  I'm thinking I'll nail that down with the hotel a couple weeks in advance and include that info in the welcome bags.  But it might be comforting for old people to know that the first run will be at 8pm, so they don't have to stay out too late if they don't want to.  What do you think?

Re: Help me word this

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I like the wording - it made sense to me. If you know the times now, maybe ask the hotel if its a standard schedule I'd put it on the card just so people know but if not its perfectly fine to include that info in the welcome bags.

At BIL's wedding they just included it in the welcome bags and everyone figured out when to get on the shuttle.

I think its obvious that its complimentary but I don't see the harm in adding that word just so there's no doubt in anyone's mind.

Lilypie Second Birthday tickers
  • Options
    jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Here is what I did:

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards