Michigan-Detroit

POLL: previous relationships

This board is D-E-A-D.  Let's get a poll started here to get some people posting!!

Have you ever been engaged/married before?

Has your FI/DH ever been engaged/married before?

Do either of you have kids from previous relationships?

Did you ever have one of those blind-and-in-love relationships where you thought you'd end up married but are glad you didn't cause it would have been a nightmare?

Spill it.
Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker

Re: POLL: previous relationships

• Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope, just this one for me.

Nope, just this one for him.

Not that we know of, lol.

Did you ever have one of those blind-and-in-love relationships where you thought you'd end up married but are glad you didn't cause it would have been a nightmare?
    When I was a senior in college, I was dating a sophomore and we talked about what would happen since I was graduating, how we would make it work, and how we would get married as soon as he was done with school and be togerther FOREVER.  Our total relationship was less than 6 months so no need to tell you how that ended up.
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    edited December 2011
    Nope!

Not that I'm aware of...lol

Nope!

Nope!  This is really FI and I's first major relationship.  We started dating our sophomore year of college and have been together ever since.  We never really had a chance to make stupid mistakes.  Either that or this is our "blind-and-in-love relationships" where we thought we'd end up married!
  • weddingcourtweddingcourt member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    No

No

No :)

He dated his ex for 3ish years and maybe they thought it could turn into something at the time, but I think they both cheated a bit on each other. My one "serious" ex just got out of rehab or jail or something...I once wanted to save the world and all the super awesome guys in it :)
  • Julz629Julz629 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_poll-previous-relationships?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:c46d4513-e1db-4f3e-9cac-ba2a47dab77bPost:a3ed95c2-dc47-4e7d-82d6-32ce41348861">Re: POLL: previous relationships</a>:
    [QUOTE]Did you ever have one of those blind-and-in-love relationships where you thought you'd end up married but are glad you didn't cause it would have been a nightmare? Nope!  This is really FI and I's first major relationship.  We started dating our sophomore year of college and have been together ever since.  We never really had a chance to make stupid mistakes.  <strong>Either that or this is our "blind-and-in-love relationships" where we thought we'd end up married!
    </strong>Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

LOL Liz!
  • emarston1emarston1 member
    edited December 2011
    Yeah we sometimes joke about our NASTY divorce we are going to have one day.

We were watching an episode of Entourage when one of the characters drives his car into the living room because his wife locked him out.  He needed to get some papers for work which were in the house.  So the wife who is pissed comes outside with his papers and lights them on fire.  All the while screaming obsennities at each other.  It was so awesomely bad and he's been inspired :)
  • Melgor78Melgor78 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Nope

Nope

I don't and as far as I know he doesn't

Nope, Fi was my first really serious relationship and after only a few dates I knew that he was the one and here we are.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • lisa89760lisa89760 member
    edited December 2011

Nope

Nope

I hope not =)

oh yea - my first "serious" boyfriend - we dated freshmen and sophomore year of college and we probably should have never even dated!! HORRIBLE - funny thing is we are getting married on the same exact date next year! so random
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • sheshedukeshesheduke member
    edited December 2011
    Have you ever been engaged/married before? Nope

Has your FI/DH ever been engaged/married before? Nope

Do either of you have kids from previous relationships? FI has one and I just think of him as mine without any of the stretch marks or horrible labor stories

Did you ever have one of those blind-and-in-love relationships where you thought you'd end up married but are glad you didn't cause it would have been a nightmare? FI is my first serious relationship I got with him when I was 15 I thought we would get married when I was younger. Then when I got out of college we broke up for a year (hence the baby). Now we are back together and my original visions of us getting together are coming true. Man I love this man. Although the baby mama is really a nightmare I could do without her SERIOUSLY!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you ever been engaged/married before?No

Has your FI/DH ever been engaged/married before?Yes and I'm so glad the engagement lasted for like two minutes and ended!!!

Do either of you have kids from previous relationships?No

Did you ever have one of those blind-and-in-love relationships where you thought you'd end up married but are glad you didn't cause it would have been a nightmare?Yes my ex was not a good fit for me and I'm so glad it worked out the way it did cuz I wouldn't be with FI now.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    edited December 2011
    Engaged before, I called it off.

Engaged before, he called it off.

No kids.

Did you ever have one of those blind-and-in-love relationships where you thought you'd end up married but are glad you didn't cause it would have been a nightmare? Is it terrible if I feel all of my relationships were "blind-and-in-love"? Well, except for DH of course. He was one I tried to push away and played hard to get because I had just got out of a "blind-and-in-love" relationship when he asked me out. I don't know, I guess I always saw myself as being alone because all the guys I were involved with were only interested in taking advantage of me.

DH was different right off the bat and continues to still be the same way as the day I met him.

There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • courtney1188courtney1188 member
    edited December 2011
    Nope. I used to have a promise ring...I feel kind of lame admitting that now, haha. But it was a high school puppy love sort of thing.

Yes, very briefly. It was about a year before he met me and fell apart pretty quickly after the proposal.

No.

I haven't, but FI definitely has. He was with his ex for 4 years when they got engaged, moved in together, and got the dog she wanted. Well, she promptly tried to give the dog away to his parents cuz she didn't like it anymore and training it was hard. She then proceeded to get into a screaming match with his mother when she refused to take/keep the dog for her. Then she made up a bunch of lies to her family about him and his family, and got them to leave a bunch of nasty voicemails for him and his mom. Then she cried and didn't mean any of it and was just pushing him away because being engaged freaked her out.

...Yeah, I'd say he dodged a bullet. lol
  • mel7997mel7997 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Not technically speaking.  He had the ring, asked my parents, things went sour before we officially got engaged.  Long story

Nope

He is the kid in the relationship

Yes, when I fall, its hard and fast.  Hopefully, I'm older and smarter now.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
    272 Invitedimage 240 Attendingimage 32 Declinedimage 0 Not Repliedimage RSVP Date Feb 24
    For Sale Bio!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you ever been engaged/married before?  No

Has your FI/DH ever been engaged/married before?  No

Do either of you have kids from previous relationships?  DH has a 7 yo daughter.

Did you ever have one of those blind-and-in-love relationships where you thought you'd end up married but are glad you didn't cause it would have been a nightmare?  LOL, Yes, that was 100% what my high school relationship was.  We started dating just before I turned 16.  We were oh so much in love.  We talked about getting married.  He was a year older, so we planned that I'd follow him to college when I graduated.  It just goes on and on and on.  Thankfully, after 4.5 years the relationship ended.  I would have been in a REAL nightmare because he came out of the closet about a year after we broke up.  Pretty sure that would have ended in divorce...
  • rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    Have you ever been engaged/married before? Nope!

Has your FI/DH ever been engaged/married before? Nope!

Do either of you have kids from previous relationships? Nope! But FI and I have a dog together :)

I dated quite a few guys before FI but I always knew that I couldn't marry any of them.  FI dated someone off and on for like 3 years before we met. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • lcsnowflakelcsnowflake member
    edited December 2011
    nope

nope
    nope
    FI is really my first serious relationship, but I think we both know what we're getting into. 
    Sorry nothing juicy!
  • edited December 2011
    My answers are going to be boring, lol.

Nope!

Nope!

Nope!

Nope!  I dated one person in high school for a short time, and after that I had some really high hopes that I would date this other person but he never accepted my advances lol.  Then I met FI shortly after I started college, so he is definitely my first real & long term relationship.  He had quite a few serious relationships before me though, but they never amounted to anything.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • edited December 2011
    Have you ever been engaged/married before? no

Has your FI/DH ever been engaged/married before?  FI was married for like 18 years.  He got married real young and then she cheated on him like in year 17 or something.  Who does that?  Anyways things worked out for the better!

Do either of you have kids from previous relationships?  Nope, thankfully he didn't have any kids with his ex or we may not have met.

Did you ever have one of those blind-and-in-love relationships where you thought you'd end up married but are glad you didn't cause it would have been a nightmare?  I dated my ex-bf for about 8 or 9 years on and off.  I was still sorta seeing him when I met FI.  Boy am I glad that I finally opened up my eyes!
    DS Born 12/21/11 #2 EDD 4/7/13
  • larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you ever been engaged/married before? no

Has your FI/DH ever been engaged/married before? no

Do either of you have kids from previous relationships? no

Oh yes... it got to the point where he took me ring shopping and I ended up crying in the parking lot because I realized there was no way in heck I wanted to marry him
  • edited December 2011
    No

No

FI's ex was newly pregnant when they started dating, kept it secret a while, then obvi had to fess up. They stayed together and he played a father role for almost 2 years. Things ended. Luckily, the baby is close with his bio father.

Yes! My highschool sweetheart was 2 years older and joined the army when he graduated from hs. My senior year, 9-11 happened and he was shipped out to Afghanistan. We would talk about getting married when I graduated (I don't think I really intended to). I found out he cheated with a "friend" of mine before deployment. He begged and showed up with a ring several times. He shortly after got married and divorced and is engaged again now!
  • Julz629Julz629 member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_poll-previous-relationships?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:c46d4513-e1db-4f3e-9cac-ba2a47dab77bPost:e092f2e8-1b34-4fd2-8ead-5e1a6e28842a">Re: POLL: previous relationships</a>:
    [QUOTE]Do either of you have kids from previous relationships?<strong> He is the kid in the relationship</strong>
    Posted by mel7997[/QUOTE]

Awesome.  :-)
  • Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you ever been engaged/married before? I had definite wedding plans when I was 21 (OK, waaaaay back in 1976), but he had moved to Massachusetts and called it off.

Has your FI/DH ever been engaged/married before? Married twice, both times when he was a "lonely serviceman" in other countries and while he has 3 lovely children from these marriages, he regrets not listening to anyone to NOT marry while overseas.

Do either of you have kids from previous relationships? Kevin has three (30 y/o daughter, 29 y/o son and 18 y/o daughter. I have a 23 y/o son and 16 y/o daughter

Did you ever have one of those blind-and-in-love relationships where you thought you'd end up married but are glad you didn't cause it would have been a nightmare? Yes, see the first question. I was 21, grew up in the "Donna Reed, Father KNows Best" 1950's and 1960's and just figured I'd be a housewife and mother like my mom. Wow, THAT would have been boring! Plus he was an a-hole, very domineering and chauvinistic. So glad that didn't work out!
  • edited December 2011
    Have you ever been engaged/married before? Given a promise ring by one guy when I was 17 and married for 4 years to another

Has your FI/DH ever been engaged/married before? No

Do either of you have kids from previous relationships? Thankfully, no and like mel7997 said "He is the kid in the relationship"!!

Did you ever have one of those blind-and-in-love relationships where you thought you'd end up married but are glad you didn't cause it would have been a nightmare? I was blind, young and  not in love and thankfully we both realized we weren't meant for each other.
  • awroblewskiawroblewski member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    yes, was engaged when I was 21...whirlwind romance in which I found out he was a mama's boy and never gonna leave her!

He was married for 5 years before.

No

Yes!!  Who hasn't had those relationships where there are a million red flags but you can't see them? I think all women have to have those relationships in order to grow and really find the one you are meant to be with. 
    ~Angela~
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards