Michigan-Detroit
Options

Photographer (on a budget)

I girls! I need some assistance... I have been in communication with Precious Memories and I like them, but I think they are a bit above budget. 

I am getting married in July..in Dearborn.  The thing is, I live in South Carolina (grew up in Dearborn) so the only way I can communicate with photographers now is by phone. 

I was hoping to stay around $2000.00 or below...

Deoes anyone have any suggestions?  Thanks in advance!
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Photographer (on a budget)

• Options
    db1985db1985 member
    First Comment
    edited January 2012
    The stickies are a really good resource (see the message with the pushpin icon at the top of the posting board, labeled vendor reviews)

We are using Pure Amour Photography.  Her smallest package is $700 (what we chose) and I believe there was one or 2 other packages under $2000
  • Options
    crhein26crhein26 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited January 2012
    I used The Camera Chick and absolutelly loved them.  They are $1500 for 2 people unlimited hours.  Amanda Williams also does great photography.  Her price was $1350 last I knew.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Brian and Cori 11-19-11
  • Options
    Amanda Williams charges just $1350 and she is amazing!  She is quite popular, however, so she may be difficult to book.  I'd contact her right way if you are interested!  Here's a link to her website: http://www.amandawilliamsphotography.com/.  Good luck!
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    We used Pure Amour. We're still waiting on all our pictures but our sneak peeks were awesome. I think her most expensive package is $2000 and has all day coverage, some prints and extras.  
    Amanda Williams is awesome too but books up super fast.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Thank you, ladies!! I am going to check out both suggestions right now! :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    I used Adam Sparkes Photography. He charges $1950 for all day coverage, second photographer, digital rights and an engagement session. We love him and our pictures really show it.
  • Options
    Kendra Fay Photography out of Downriver is fantastic! She did our engagement shoot and is doing our wedding and I could not be happier with her work so far. You can find her on facebook :o)
  • Options
    I'm using Emily Dowd (http://ejphotos.com/) and she's right around $1500! :)
    Anniversary
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_photographer-budget?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:cd0c7621-dc4b-463d-a20c-b8150d55eb49Post:a2c91515-c083-4e25-9c9e-868546c87959">Re: Photographer (on a budget)</a>:
    [QUOTE]Amy Pruder Photography is less then 1000 for all day coverage and all rights to pictures ! Check her out!
    Posted by jhawthorne85[/QUOTE]

I second Amy Pruder - I haven't done any sessions with her but I'm getting her for 8 hours, all rights to images, images on disk and a second photographer for $600 (though I just checked her web site and it looks like her rates may have increased).

I've met up with her at Bombshell Bridal Boutique (she and her sister own it) and she was really easy to get along with. amypruder.com for portfolio.
  • Options
    I just booked the camera chick and they are now $1,800 for all day coverage and $150 for the engagement session. But they are amazing photographers (2) and I clicked with them immediately.
  • Options
    We used photos by Kathleen.  Kathleen Smith - 810-320-5130 or picturesbykathleen.com. She is out of Port Huron, but travels and doesn't cost an arm and a leg.  Her husband is also a DJ (if you need one - they do a combned rate) - Mike@bigfootdjs.com.  They are both FANTASTIC!! I Think we got both of them for $1,000.00.  Would recommend to everyone!!
  • Options
    I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Isabella from Art Light Photography (http://www.artlightphotography.com/).  Her pictures are amazing and she worked out a special package for us.  We're getting unlimited hours, 2 photographers, and a DVD for $1600 (and I think we get a free engagement session).  I haven't had any photos done with her, but from her work, she's a true professional and does quality work all the way around as opposed to a lot of photographers who just have the "best of" website.  She was also very comfortable to talk to and friendly when we met in person.   The photographer was the most important to me, so I spent a lot of time researching and I think she's as close to perfect as I'll get. =)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards