Michigan-Detroit
Options

Completely off the subject...

So my birthday is coming up and FI is thinking of buying me an ereader. I love reading so this sounds like it would be a great gift! But I LOVE BOOKS! Do any of you have a Nook or a Kindle?  What do you think of it?  Do you miss books? 

Re: Completely off the subject...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm not too much help, but I'm like you I like reading books.  I actually kind of collect Nicholas Sparks' books in Hardcover, that being said I don't think I would enjoy an ereader.

When is your birthday?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Not until September 6th, but we went to best buy today and I was looking at them.  I think i will miss books... but I think I would love the ereader! I am so torn!

• Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My boss bought one for her husband and he loves it! He travels a lot, so it's much easier than bringing books with him.
  • Options
    queenfm85queenfm85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I LOVE Nicholas Sparks! The Lucky One is slated to be a movie now too. EXCITED

Anywho.. I agree with you on missing books. Especially if I have favorites, I like having the hard copy. In my opinion, if you're paying for something you should be able to have a physical copy. But thats just me. :)
    Danielle & Tyler

10-10-10

"God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 126 Invited image 41 Getting Crazy image 10 Party Poopin image 75 MIA
    RSVP Date: September 10th
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    For traveling I think it would be nicer than carrying around a bunch of books. But for everyday use, I think I would still gravitate towards my paperbacks. I don't have one, but am considering one maybe after the wedding.
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I don't have one, but the thing I hate about it is that it makes it hard (or impossible) to share books.  Personally, I love the library because it's free.  But if I am spending money on books, I like to pass them around my circle of friends and family to make sure it gets its money's worth.  You can't really do that with those Kindle books...
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    rak123rak123 member
    First Anniversary First Comment Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I have a Kindle and I love it!  I saw that they recently dropped the price.  It is great.  Also, the Kindle has many FREE books you can download. 
    Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My SIL has a Nook and she loves it.  She says you can share books with other people who have Nooks.  

I've never used one, but I could see myself enjoying it.  It does seem convenient for travel, and when you finish one book, you can immediately download another!  
  • Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I have the kindle as well and I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.  I can't stress enough how much I love it.  I am a voracious reader... to the point where I would bring 7-10 books along with me for a week long vacation.  I've had it since January and have only had to charge it 4-5 times - the battery lasts forever!  They also just came out with waterproof covers for the Kindle so if you are like me and like to read in the bath tub or the pool then it is a must!
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards