Michigan-Detroit
Options

HELP! venue ideas needed!

we need ur help fellow knotties!!! we live in the st clair county area and we would love to have a venue that is kind of close but we havent found anything that we are actually happy with, we would love love love ur input. we would like to get married oct 2, 2010... thats only 3 months away and we dnt have a venue yet! its only gonna be like 60 ppl and we would like it to be nice.. so if u have an ideas, we'd love to hear them :) thank u!

Re: HELP! venue ideas needed!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Hi! I am from St. Clair County too.  Getting married in St. Clair Shores but I have a few suggestions up this way.  Fore Lakes, Golden Hawk, Black River Contry Club, Thomas Edison Inn.  Those might be a little big for only 60 people though.  I am sure Thomas Edison Inn does smaller things.  What about something along the river?  THey might offer something for such a small party!  I know there is a Knights of Columbus that is pretty new and quite nice.  I am having my shower there.  It is in Kimball at the corner of Ravenswood and Range.  Check that out too!
  • Options
    natalia1102natalia1102 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    thank u :) as of right now our actual plan is thomas edison inn.. its just sooooo dated ~ but its nice. i appreciate ur input tho. where is ur venue in st clair shored if u dnt mind me asking?? if u dnt wanna answer that, i completely understand ~ and congratulations!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! Congrats to you too! Our venue is Barrister House! We got a great price!!! They have a smaller room for smaller sized weddings if you are interested!  I agree the Edison Inn is dated but it is kind of like the go to place around here.  What about something like the St. Clair Inn?  Pine Shores Golg Course in St. Clair has a banquet hall that is good for small weddings.  Here is the link for it http://www.cityofstclair.com/Golf%20Course.htm

Alexanders in Marysville is supposed to be nice!  That is all I can think of for right now!  Are you from the Port Huron area?
  • Options
    jennifer0124jennifer0124 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm sorry for the very vague but I'm hoping somebody that lives on there can give it a name.....

My cousin was married at a venue out there that was not the Thomas Edison Inn but it had a huge balcony overlooking the water and a long boardwalk.  The room itself was pretty typical but the outside view made it great.  It was not very expensive at all, I'm thinking she said about $20 per person but that was about 5 years ago.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards