Michigan-Detroit
Options

Confessions/Vents

Re: Confessions/Vents

• Options
    We leave for Michigan in 4.5 hours!!!!  So my confession is...I'm starting to get nervous/anxious/stressed/excited!  I almost started crying getting my hair done yesterday, and I am NOT a crier.  

Vent - Still with my aunt and cousins.  Don't know who will be there.  I want to tell them not to come.  Plus my cousin who is in the BP still doesn't know if she will be at the rehearsal and dinner; we need to know by tomorrow.  I offered to buy her a tank of gas since that seems to be the "big" issue.

This leads to another confession...I'm not a nice person.  I know it is childish and immature but don't care.  If my aunt and cousins miss our wedding for a stupid baseball game I will be vindictive in the future when it comes to some big event of theirs.  Think and say all you want, I know it's horrible and makes me a horrible person.  

MICHIGAN HERE WE COME!!!!!
    Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    Confession: My shower is a week from Sunday and I am SHAMELESSLY stalking my registry, ha! It's fun. Vent: FI's family sucks. Because of stupid drama and fighting that has been going on for forever there will be no one from his family at the shower really , very few at the wedding even and his mom is ill so she may not even make the shower. I feel bad for him b/c he feels embarrassed and sad. It makes me mad that no one from his family can just grow up and put it all aside for him, even his mom. /end vent.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic

Daisypath Anniversary tickers
  • Options
    NWR #1:  My job.  I was off all last week and the small tasks I left my co-workers were not completed.  Came in yesterday with a new project to do that needs to be completed in 2 days, something that would normally take a week.  My boss is insulting, has no respect for my time, and is a moron.  I was reminded in the first 20 minutes of my day yesterday exactly why I hate this place and interviewed elsewhere on my vaca.

NWR #2:The bank we are going through for our mortgage screwed up our papers/falsified information and we don't know if we can get it through in time to close on our home.  We are 30 days away from completion.  I cannot even express my anxiety/anger about this situation.

WR: Stressing over designing the invites and FI is no help/doesn't care what they look like because I'm the artistic one and whatever I do will look great.  Kind of in a time crunch for them so hopefully if nothing else comes up and I'm not stuck working through the weekend I may be able to get them done.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    Confession: I went crazy and decided I suddenly needed programs (I'm 17 days out). So I designed them and I'm headed to the UPS store now to see what it'll cost to print.

June 16, 2012
  • Options
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-92?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:da189ece-c6b1-4fa0-aee5-13e6d9ed8146Post:d6e36b91-de65-4532-8643-d1978fbf5fc8">Re:Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]Confession: My shower is a week from Sunday and I am SHAMELESSLY stalking my registry, ha! It's fun. Vent: FI's family sucks. Because of stupid drama and fighting that has been going on for forever there will be no one from his family at the shower really , very few at the wedding even and his mom is ill so she may not even make the shower. I feel bad for him b/c he feels embarrassed and sad. It makes me mad that no one from his family can just grow up and put it all aside for him, even his mom. /end vent.
    Posted by carpediem27[/QUOTE]

I hope your FI realizes that he's not the only one with family drama.  Many people come from families like this and there's nothing to be embarrassed about.  This is a wonderful time in your lives, I hope he can move past feeling sad about who can't come and enjoy the shower and wedding.  I hate to hear that a bride or groom are blue this close to their big day.  Sending hugs your way.
  • Options
    Vent: I had a block of four hours set at the hair salon for the one BM who wanted her hair done, MOH and the two mom's.  Now BM is questioning why we have to be there so early, FI's mom isn't sure she wants her hair done and MOH is considering getting hers done elsewhere.  I've already purchased GC's for the salon for everyone to be presented as gifts at rehearsal.  Why can't people still to plans???  We're less than two weeks out.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards