Ages:
Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?):
Favorite Wedding Detail:
Biggest surprise about wedding planning:
Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate:
Song you could listen to over and over again:
Song you are soooo over:
Fun fact about yourself:

Re: ROLL CALL - Lurkey Loos this means you!

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name:  Liz & Todd
    Ages:  25 & 26 respectively
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?):  May 21, 2011.  No significance whatsoever.
    Favorite Wedding Detail:  Well now it's my dress since I've had my fitting :)
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning:  How opinionated everyone is!  OMG everyone chimes in about weddings.
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate:  Milk
    Song you could listen to over and over again:  "Marry You" by Bruno Marx
    Song you are soooo over:  "F You" - Cee Lo Green.  I liked it when it first came out but it seems as if it's on contstantly now.
    Fun fact about yourself:  My legs hyperextend so they look like they are bending backwards.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Jessica and Jeff Ages: 23 and 30, respectively Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): 5/29/2011- It's our 5 year anniversary of our first date:) Favorite Wedding Detail: The Church. It's huge and old an beautiful. Like a fairytale:) Biggest surprise about wedding planning: How much everything costs. Things really add up!! Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate: MILK! Song you could listen to over and over again: "Marry Me"- Train Song you are soooo over: Anything Ke$ha. Can't stand that girl Fun fact about yourself: Umm....I can wiggle my ears and curl my lip like Elvis..lol
    BabyFruit Ticker

Photobucket

• Options
    scgonzalscgonzal member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Sandra & Eric
    Ages: Both are 28, I'm older than him by 2 weeks
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): September 4, 2011,  The only date available at the hall for September.
    Favorite Wedding Detail: My colors, Eggplant and silver 
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning: How addictive this board is.  
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate: Milk Chocolate
    Song you could listen to over and over again: "Marry You" by Glee Cast.  I love this song. I want to play this song when i walk down the aisle.
    Song you are soooo over: "Born this way" by Gaga
    Fun fact about yourself: I'm left handed.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Laura/Dave
    Ages: 25/27
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): Sep 17, 2011, nope
    Favorite Wedding Detail: um.... too many to choose just one!
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning: most wedding vendors are technologically challenged.. it's called email... jump on board people!
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate: plain, then milk chocolate.  with fruit? dark
    Song you could listen to over and over again: marry me - train
    Song you are soooo over: ahh there are a lot....
    Fun fact about yourself: I weighed 2 lbs when I was born
  • Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Names: Melissa/Jeremy

Ages: 31/26

Wedding Date: Probably September 10, 2011.  We want to get married outside before it gets cold, but after his twin brother's wedding in mid-August.  No other meaning.

Favorite Wedding Detail: The quilts that we're making for picnic blankets - in our colors.  :)

Biggest Planning Surprise:  I am Martha Freaking Stewart.  When did that happen?  I never used to even want a wedding.  And now that I'm engaged, I find myself deeply invested in things like whether the tissue paper is grass green or lime green.  Where that THAT come from?

Milk or Dark Chocolate: Milk Milk Milk.

Best song: I'll Follow You Into the Dark by Death Cab for Cutie
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name:  Kizzy & John
    Ages:  27 & 33
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?):  2.29.12- yes, we love Leap Year. It's been an on going joke with us since we met about getting married on leap year and only having to celebrate every 4 years (obviously we'd celebrate every year.. but you get the joke).. i always told him we'd get married leap year 2012, he always said 2016.. i won :)
    Favorite Wedding Detail:  i'm excited for the candy buffet and my wedding cake topper. Also very excited to DIY stuff.
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning:  how NOT excited i am to go dress shopping. i thought i would be so excited... i'm actually dreading it.
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate:  i HATE dark chocolate. So definitely milk!
    Song you could listen to over and over again: i have to admit, i also love "marry me" by train as well as "rhythum of love" by plain white t's
    Song you are soooo over: anything Kesha and lady gaga. i'm SO not a fan of either!
    Fun fact about yourself:  Kizzy is my real name and no it isn't short for anything ;)
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    lcsnowflakelcsnowflake member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Laura and Matt
    Ages: 25 and 26
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): May 21, 2011 no signifcance but it is one month before FI's birthday (I am hoping this helps him remember our anniversary)
    Favorite Wedding Detail: right now I am working on custom chocolate favors.  I made a mold and will be making chocolates as favors. 
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning: That people would get upset if you didn't take their (sometimes unsolicited) advice
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate: milk
    Song you could listen to over and over again: Seasons of love from Rent, ever since it was in a Macy's commerical and reminded me what a great song it was
    Song you are soooo over: anything lady gaga
    Fun fact about yourself: I'm also left-handed like Sandra. I went to both State and UofM, so sometimes people assume I'm an internal rivary, but I'm not conflicted (GO BLUE)
  • Options
    crhein26crhein26 member
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Cori / Brian
    Ages:  28 / 31
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?):  11-19-11
    Favorite Wedding Detail:  Definitely our wedding hall.  I LOVE Villa Penna!
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning:  My family really has no interest in it and I really thought they would.  :(
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate:  I would kill for either right now.  I gave it up for Lent.  But not during Lent, definitely Milk Chocolate.
    Song you could listen to over and over again:  Bottoms Up or Black and Yellow
    Song you are soooo over:  Pretty much anything Lady GaGa!
    Fun fact about yourself:  I've been to DC 7 or 8 times and could continue to go every year for the rest of my life and never get tired of it. 
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Brian and Cori 11-19-11
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Mary and Adam
    Ages: both 24 (I'm ~50 hours older!)
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): October 8, 2011, it's my parents' 28th anniversary
    Favorite Wedding Detail: The poster "guest book" I'm altering from a Martha Stewart design
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning: How expensive alcohol costs and how many people our parents want to invite
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate: Milk, hands down, but with the wedding diet, neither
    Song you could listen to over and over again:  anything by Michael Buble and Britney Spears-so excited she's coming out with a new album!  lol
    Song you are soooo over: Train, Marry Me.  It's cute, but overplayed
    Fun fact about yourself:  I flipped a coin to help me decide where to go to college, and the coin totally led me right

Also, I'm living in Augusta, GA now, but getting married in my home town, Northville.  So thanks for the stickies at top, they're super helpful while planning long distance!!
  • Options
    Thumper1148Thumper1148 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Brooke/Jason
    Ages: 30/34
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): March 17th, 2012 (Yes, it's St. Patrick's Day and we are planning a Celtic wedding)
    Favorite Wedding Detail:  Our handfasting ceremony
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning:  How many people assume that they are invited.
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate: MIlk Chocolate
    Song you could listen to over and over again:  "G33k and G4M3R Girls"  by Team Unicorn (it's a nerdy paredy of California Girls)
    Song you are soooo over:  Lots of Lady Gaga's stuff.
    Fun fact about yourself: I am a huge fan of Invader Zim!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Lauren/Huntington
    Ages: 28/30
    Wedding Date (any significance to the date?): June 9, 2012, No
    Favorite Wedding Detail: I love all the planning but I would day I love our Downtown location.
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning: How many people are guest list is. It added up to 300 so fast. I could easily invite so many more.
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate: Milk for sure
    Song you could listen to over and over again: John Legend, Stay with You (Our wedding song)
    Song you are soooo over: Anything Black eyed peas but specifically Tonight is going to be a good night
    Fun fact about yourself: I am a bit of a control freak.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bee&beebee&bee member
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name:Beth & Bobby
    Ages:29 & 27
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): 6-8-12, no significance (I wanted 7/12/12 which would have been our 4 yr annv. but got shot down due to it being a thursday but in the end it worked out cause June means I get married sooner Laughing)
    Favorite Wedding Detail: tie between the veil because my grandmother is making it, I have no clue what it will look like but I know it will be perfect and my shoes which I'll be dying blue.
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning: I'm really suprised how involved Bobby is in the planning process.  He's spent a lot of time designing invites and is giving lots of feedback.
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate:Milk
    Song you could listen to over and over again:Breakdown by Mariah Carey
    Song you are soooo over:there are too many to name, haha.
    Fun fact about yourself: I love to wear hoodies all the time and I hate to wear shoes, i'd rather be barefoot.
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    edited December 2011
    Wow a lot of Gaga haters out there :)

Keep 'em coming ladies.  I love to get to know everyone!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Samantha & Mark
    Ages: 22 & 25 (I think I am always the youngest one here!)
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): 6.25.11.  No significance, just wanted sometime in summer, but not too hot.
    Favorite Wedding Detail: I'm super excited about our cake now.  But maybe because it's fresh in my mind.  I don't know if I have a favorite detail.
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning: Too expensive!
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate: Milk I suppose, but I'm not a big chocolate fan (gasp)
    Song you could listen to over and over again: I'm a closet Katy Perry fan at the moment.
    Song you are soooo over: Back to December by Taylor Swift.  Thankfully most stations have stopped playing it.  It got stuck in my head way too easily.
    Fun fact about yourself: I get clammy hands really easily!  Some of my friends in high school used to call me "Clammy Sammy" jokingly because I complained about it so much, haha.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    bltatabltata member
    edited December 2011

Name/FI's Name: Brittney and Kyle
    Ages: 24 and 24 (he's older by about 7 months
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): Undecided because of the military
    Favorite Wedding Detail:  Haven't gotten too far, but I'm excited to get to wear my dress next to his HOT dress uniform :).
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning:  How much more things cost just by tacking on the word wedding.  I'm creative, though.
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate: Depends on my mood.
    Song you could listen to over and over again: Little Lion Man by Mumford & Sons.
    Song you are soooo over: Anything by Nickelback or Katy Perry
    Fun fact about yourself:  I have about 20 nicknames.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name:  Megan and Chris
    Ages:  23 & 24 respectively
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?):  June 22, 2012.  No significance whatsoever.
    Favorite Wedding Detail:  Our ceremony location (it's beautiful!)
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning:  How easy everything has been so far.
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate:  Milk
    Song you are soooo over:  "F You" - Cee Lo Green.  I liked it when it first came out but now it seems too over played.
    Fun fact about yourself:  I'm also left handed.  But also I'll be scuba diving just about every weekend this summer around MI and OH.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Gina/ Bryan

Ages:28 & 27

Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): August 20, 2011 (no significance)
    Favorite Wedding Detail: So far, the cake decor- I stole it from the knot (thank you whoever submitted it!)

Biggest surprise about wedding planning: the opinions/sensitivities

Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate:Depends on the day, but mostly milk

Song you could listen to over and over again: Anything by Maxwell

Song you are soooo over: too many songs, not enough time

Fun fact about yourself: My name is LaGina (La-Geena) and A LOT of people get it wrong. That's not a fun fact, but it's annoying so I thought I'd share!
    Anniversary
  • Options
    sasha213swsasha213sw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Sabrina and Zac

Ages: 29 and 33

Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): August 17th, we originall wanted August 18th because my bday is the 28th and his is the 8th but we fell in love with our venue and it was SO much cheaper to do Friday wedding.....

Favorite Wedding Detail: Venue!

Biggest surprise about wedding planning: How in sync FI and I are on everything

Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate: Milk

Song you could listen to over and over again: Take a Bow by Rihanna

Song you are soooo over: Anything by Britney Spears

Fun fact about yourself: I suck at sports. No, seriously totally suck at everything from badmitton to baseball. It's comical now.
    image 223 Invited
    image 127 Wouldn't miss it
    image 64 Passed on the fun
    image 32 Still undecided
    RSVP Date: August 1, 2012 Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    wetz4975wetz4975 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Heather/Ed
    Ages: 26/24
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): September 3rd. No significance but we just wanted an extra day off of work every year for our anniversary.
    Favorite Wedding Detail: Bridal Party
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning: Th price of everything.
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate: Milk Chocolate
    Song you could listen to over and over again: Not to sure about this one.
    Song you are soooo over: Can't think of one right now.
    Fun fact about yourself:  I like my alone time.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name:  Barb/Chris
    Ages: 30/42
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?):  4/2/11 no significance other than it is this weekend!
    Favorite Wedding Detail:  My dress
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning:  How I would be able to save way more than enough money
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate:  Does it have peanut butter in it?  If so than it doesn't matter
    Song you could listen to over and over again:  Strawberry Wine by Deanna carter
    Song you are soooo over:  Any that is played on 95.5
    Fun fact about yourself:   I'm getting married this weekend!  Oh, and I am named after my mom so I am somewhat of a Jr.
    DS Born 12/21/11 #2 EDD 4/7/13
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Chelsea/Paul
    Ages: 22/27
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): December 8, 2012 - it was SUPPOSED to have been December 1st, which would have been our 5 year anniversary - but that's the night of the Christmas Parade in my hometown and my dad just couldn't have that!
    Favorite Wedding Detail: Probably our favors (we're buying a ton of different Christmas Ornaments and me, my mom and FMIL are painting our wedding date on all of them!) - OR - my FI agreed to do a choreographed dance to the Waltz of the Flowers (from The Nutcracker) for our first dance!
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning: I'm a bit of a bridezilla. and my dad is a bit of a dadzilla. and Paul would get married at the courthouse if I would allow it.
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate: Uh, Milk.
    Song you could listen to over and over again: The Rest of My Life by Sloan (it is such a life-soundtrack song)
    Song you are soooo over: That Cee Lo Green song - F You... They play that on the overhead at TOYS R US (where FI works) and it's totally inappropriate!
    Fun fact about yourself: I'm having a huge Christmas wedding, but sometimes I get jealous of girls having small summer weddings where they wear flip flops and keep it simple - I'm worried we'll get lost in our big wedding!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name:  Megan/Phil
    Ages: 26/32
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): 8/13/2011. No significance - it's just what worked between grad school and starting a job.
    Favorite Wedding Detail:  My dress
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning:  Opinions.  Everyone has opinions.
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate:  I refuse to choose.
    Song you could listen to over and over again:  It's a few years old, but 1234 by Feist.
    Song you are soooo over:  I am really not into pop music right now.
    Fun fact about yourself:   I can touch my tongue to my nose!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name:  Ashley / Paul

Ages:  26 (for 11 more days) / 30

Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?):  August 6.  No significance.  It just seems like the only month that isn't inundated with birthdays, holidays, etc.

Favorite Wedding Detail: The ceremony site, the pipe organ, and funfetti cake!

Biggest surprise about wedding planning:  I was the first grandchild engaged, but I'll be the 3rd to get married.  We didn't even have a long engagement.

Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate: Usually milk

Song you could listen to over and over again:  14th Street by Rufus Wainwright

Song you are soooo over: There's a lot.

Fun fact about yourself: My niece-to-be, my dog, and I all have the same birthday. :)
  • Options
    amyn1919amyn1919 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Amy/Dave
    Ages: 29/26 (yup, i'm a cradle robber!)
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): 7/30/2011, no signficance
    Favorite Wedding Detail: We are surprising our parents by putting their wedding photos in a frame on a table at our reception;)
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning: It goes by sooo fast!!
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate: Um the key word is chocolate...love them both
    Song you could listen to over and over again: Jason Aldean "big green tractor" My FI is a hillbilly!
    Song you are soooo over: pretty much anything on the top 40
    Fun fact about yourself: I just bought a Harley last week and I can't wait for the weather to get nice!!
    BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Emily/Joe
    Ages: 28/29
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): 4/28/12 No significance, its just the earliest date after Easter that works out at the church and venue.
    Favorite Wedding Detail: I haven't really gotten into planning any details yet, but I hope it will be the flowers. Its part of the reason why I wanted a spring wedding.  
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning: I haven't gotted too far into it yet, but I have discovered that I really hate chair covers. I was also surprised that family and friends were bummed that I didn't post our engagement right away on facebook. It happened when I was out visiting my FI in San Diego and wanted to wait to tell people in person. I'd rather get a congratulatory hug than a post on my wall!
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate: Dark chocolate all the way
    Song you could listen to over and over again: I wasn't a huge Ray LaMontagne fan before but I really love Beg, Steal, or Borrow. I could also put Adele's new song Rollin in the Deep on repeat.
    Song you are soooo over: I don't like Firework. Sounds like Katy Perry is yelling at me for 3 minutes. I still love Umbrella, but Rihanna's latest stuff is awful.
    Fun fact about yourself: My cat has thumbs! 
    185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Sheena/Renny
    Ages: 28/30
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): 9.10.11 No significance.
    Favorite Wedding Detail: The photobooth super excited about that and the candy bar
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning: The price of everything and how opinionated every single person is. Gosh!
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate: Milk but I prefer sour patch kids over both of them YUM-O
    Song you could listen to over and over again: Emily King U & I and No Hands (that is my jam forreal)
    Song you are soooo over: Wow too freaking many I am an ipod girl too much crap on the radio
    Fun fact about yourself: I love lemons,pickles and olives (runs to the kitchen for a snack)
  • Options
    mirandall28mirandall28 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Miranda/Ian
    Ages: 28/29
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): 10/14/11 - Feb 14th is our anniversary, so the 14th of the month is always a little special!
    Favorite Wedding Detail:splurging on getting a photo booth!
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning: how it seems everyone has an opinion!
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate: dark
    Song you could listen to over and over again: shameless by ani difranco
    Song you are soooo over: any katy perry, pretty much!
    Fun fact about yourself:I wish I could live on cheesy food... nachos, mac & cheese, love it all! :)
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Laura & Matt
    Ages: almost 27, 30
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): 9.10.11 - it was awesome and memorable
    Favorite Wedding Detail:  the bridesmaids dresses and the church windows will be royal blue.  It was a happy accident. 
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning:  The price of everything and how unwilling some vendors are to negotiate. 
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate:  Dark, but I'll take chocolate in any form!
    Song you could listen to over and over again:  Michael Buble's World on a String
    Song you are soooo over:  Brittany's Womanizer
    Fun fact about yourself:  I've lived in four states and Spain. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Rachael and Steve Ages: 28 Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): September 24, 2011 because it was supposed to be a bye-week for MSU Favorite Wedding Detail: umm right now it's the invitations - I love them :) Biggest surprise about wedding planning: the crazy opinions people have Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate: actually, I prefer fruity or sour candy...but I like dark chocolate Song you could listen to over and over again: The Story by Belinda Carlisle or anything early Elvis :) Song you are soooo over: I love her, but I want to rip my ears off when I hear born this way by Gaga Fun fact about yourself: FMIL and I will have the same initials after the wedding :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name: Beth and Rob
    Ages: I just turned 25 yesterday and Rob is 27
    Wedding Date (any signifance to the date?): Our wedding date is Sept 8, 2012, there is no significance, but Rob's brother is getting married Oct 8, 2011 so maybe we're starting a trend of 8's :)
    Favorite Wedding Detail: We have a rustic theme of branches, birds, and trees
    Biggest surprise about wedding planning:  I always knew weddings were expensive, but when looking at prices sometimes it still surprises me :)
    Milk Chocolate or Dark Chocolate: MILK CHOCOLATE!!!
    Song you could listen to over and over again:  There are soooo many!!  Lots of country songs, the first one that comes to mind is Miranda lambert's song "Love Song".
    Song you are soooo over: Bruno Mars "Grendae"
    Fun fact about yourself: I love wedding planning!!!  It is fun finally putting together all the ideas I have come up with in the past 9 years.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards