Michigan-Detroit

Wax

I need some recommendations for places for a bikini wax in the Royal Oak area!

Thank you!

Re: Wax

• edited December 2011
    Ms. Esthetician in Rochester Hills.  CLICK  Go there especially if you have never had it done before!
  • edited December 2011
    It's not in RO, but I used to go to Krystynas European Spa between 13 and 14 on Southfield. The only reason I stopped going is that I got laser removal. They are thorough, clean, and quick! I love the spa, it's so relaxing.
  • edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_wax?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:dd8049df-7315-4f33-8788-a1e1a0ba0163Post:ff266369-05b5-41dc-9a52-602ded281a1e">Re: Wax</a>:
    [QUOTE]It's not in RO, but I used to go to Krystynas European Spa between 13 and 14 on Southfield. The only reason I stopped going is that I got laser removal. They are thorough, clean, and quick! I love the spa, it's so relaxing.
    Posted by rcj2rcd[/QUOTE]

What was your experience with laser removal, if you don't mind me asking? Are you happy with the outcome? As a lifeguard I've contemplated this...
  • edited December 2011
    Milsey - Its been okay - but I feel like it's taken twice as long for me as other girls. I started treatments (bikini and underarm) in the summer of 2008 and I'm still going back every 2 months for more laser. I have crazy thick and dark hair and a super low tolerance for pain, so, maybe that's why. But I will say that it's about 75% gone and its soo nice to not have to shave all the time and I don't get razor bumps. To continue with my TMI of a post - I also rarely sweat anymore, which is nice. I've been going to American Laser Center. My package is up soon, so, I may try somewhere else. I paid $1500, but I also bought a bunch of microderm treatments, so, I don't know how much the laser was on it's own.
  • vk2204vk2204 member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its Name Dropper Combo Breaker
    edited December 2011
    I go to American Laser Center and I LOVE it. I used to have to literally shave my bikini line right before I left the house if I planned on being in a bathing suit that day. And even then I would get major razor burn and forget about wearing a bikini 2 days in a row. But after laser I barely have to shave; it is amazing. I paid about $900 for my package. So if you have the cash to spend it is definitely worth it. I got it financed through them, and if I paid it off within 6 months I did not have to pay interest.

*OH* if you have sensitive skin, make sure they test out the wax before hand. My cousin got her bikini line waxed a week before a Florida trip and they ripped her skin off. And, she had to wear a bandage to go out in the sun... not a cute look.
  • danigirl0719danigirl0719 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Margots Day Spa in downtown Birmingham! Fabulous! I went there last summer before a trip to Myrtle Beach and they did a really nice job, the employees are very friendly, professional and down to earth. The spa is extremely clean and accomidating!  Go to their website and they will usually discount for a first time client! 
  • baileyleevbaileyleev member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_wax?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:dd8049df-7315-4f33-8788-a1e1a0ba0163Post:44c5df94-c278-4a63-b648-56406858eb33">Re: Wax</a>:
    [QUOTE]Milsey - Its been okay - but I feel like it's taken twice as long for me as other girls. I started treatments (bikini and underarm) in the summer of 2008 and I'm still going back every 2 months for more laser. I have crazy thick and dark hair and a super low tolerance for pain, so, maybe that's why. But I will say that it's about 75% gone and its soo nice to not have to shave all the time and I don't get razor bumps. To continue with my TMI of a post - I also rarely sweat anymore, which is nice. I've been going to American Laser Center. My package is up soon, so, I may try somewhere else. I paid $1500, but I also bought a bunch of microderm treatments, so, I don't know how much the laser was on it's own.
    Posted by rcj2rcd[/QUOTE]
    I would NEVER recommend ALC (now Americal Laser Skincare) I worked there for a LONG time and they have the worse customer service (we were told to ignore legit complaints) and the pricing is NOT comparable to other places. Honestly...I would go somewhere else!!!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards