Michigan-Detroit
Options

emartson

You posted awhile ago the steps to take to change your last name. Could you send me the link to that post??? Thank you bunches!

Re: emartson

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Im actually at the airport right now and on my cell phone which doesnt make it easy to search. Can anyone else help out? Once I get to my hotel later tonight I'll double check the post again. If no one has found it, I'll get it for you. I want to say the title of the post was a page to rachael (rcj2rcd) and mentioned something about name change in the title as well.
  • Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I bookmarked it on my computer at home so I can post it tonight if needed.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Found it!!

http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_rachael-marriage-licensename-change-info?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:2f536fed-cf77-4115-9db3-8c9469317884Post:7cda5524-5f80-4b63-873c-7f5f3fc64989
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    The church made me sign the license the night before using my maiden name... Liz, I remembered you said that you signed yours with your new last name, so I asked the pastor and she said that I have to sign my maiden name. Hopefully that doesn't make things complicated?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    PS. How many copies of the offical certificate did you order?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    If that's what your pastor told you to do, I'm sure it's fine. As I've learned after hearing everyone's experiences with it, there seems to be no one way to do it. Some counties want things done one way and others want it another way. Make sure to report back though :) good luck!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Sorry I didn't see this post earlier, but looks like the girls found it for you. jashley, I just went through this process and followed Liz's advice exactly. Let me know if you have any questions. SOS and SSA looked at my marriage cert for a grand total of 2 seconds.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I only ordered one and only needed one.
  • Options
    larzhopelarzhope member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Just for the record, I asked the lady at the county offices which to sign with and she said it doesn't matter at all :) you can do either!

So far, I have only needed one copy and am almost all done with all the name stuff (just need to do passport)
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards