Michigan-Detroit
Options

KOTW: MrsBarstool2011

Barb, you're up!  You're this week's knottie of the week!

Name/FI's Name?
Wat's your proposal story and when did it happen?
Favorite detail of the wedding so far?
What's been the most stressful part?
Will you do any DIY projects?  If yes, which ones?
How did you hear about TK message boards?
Do you remember what your first post was about?

Want to be the Knottie of the Week?  PM Me!

Re: KOTW: MrsBarstool2011

• Options
    edited December 2011
    If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?
    Do you like to cook? What is your fav recipe?
    What are you going to school for?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Name/FI's Name? Barb/ Chris

Wat's your proposal story and when did it happen?  Its kinda lame if you ask him.  We went and bought the ring together and we walked out with it, so he says Mall parking lot the Sunday before Thanksgiving in 2009.  I technically asked him several months earlier though!

Favorite detail of the wedding so far?  My dress!  I love it and it was totally not what I was looking for.  Pics are in my bio if you haven't seen it yet.

What's been the most stressful part?  Right now I am really stressed because I had so much stuff done early on that I had a long hiatus of not doing anything.  But now with it so close, there is so many little things I have to do!

Will you do any DIY projects?  If yes, which ones?  If by DIY you mean buy stuff off of etsy, then yes!   I am so not crafty and working and going to school full time kinda limits the things that I can do.  And I would rather pay a little more to not have to do it all myself.

How did you hear about TK message boards?  I think I just happened upon it one day.  I knew about the The Knot previously though. 

Do you remember what your first post was about? With this name it was a reintroduction of myself with the new name since I changed it because my old name was a little too personal.  First ever post, I have no clue.

If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you live?  Somewhere where you don't go from 50 plus degrees to 10 inches of snow in a matter of days!  But I couldn't imagine not living so close to family so Michigan it is.  Fi and I both agree though if an amazing opportunity for our careers presents itself we will move. 

Do you like to cook? What is your fav recipe?  When I started losing weight last year, I started cooking a lot.  Before that I had a few staples, Italian sausage and peppers or lasagna were my favorites.  My mom both me the Hungry Girl Cook book and I am having fun trying out all those recipes.  My fav recipe is a garlic-herb pork loin that I found on the weight watchers website.  Its simple and really good! Don't ask me how exactly its made though because I still have to look at the recipe.

What are you going to school for? I am getting my masters in finance.  I work for a financial advisor right now but I think this will help me go further with a bigger company, which is what I am hoping for!
    DS Born 12/21/11 #2 EDD 4/7/13
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Have you been stalking the mailbox?
    What is on your list of must play for the wedding?
    What is on your do not play list?
  • Options
    lisa89760lisa89760 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What's your favorite thing about your FI?
    What's your favorite restaurant in the metro detroit area?
    August 2011 sig challenge: Honeymoon!! (We bought a boat!!)
    Photobucket
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Congrats on being the KOTW!!

What (or who) has been your biggest annoyance during the wedding planning?
    Where is your honeymoon going to be?
    Are kids in the future (and animals can count as children)?

So happy for you girl! 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Have you been stalking the mailbox?  Chris gets home before me so technically I am stalking the basket that I have by the door just for rsvp cards!  But yes major mailbox stalking going on!

What is on your list of must play for the wedding? Remember those small details that I need to figure out, this is one of them.  We know that we want to come in to Elvis' a little less conversation remix.  I think we will be dancing to Sade's By your side.  My dad is surprising me with our song.  And besides that FI wants to have Pinks raise your glass played.  I requested for during dinner a few Disney songs to be played.

What is on your do not play list?  Hokey Pokey, chicken dance.  Thats all I can think of right now.

What's your favorite thing about your FI?  He is a crazy guy out in public and people always look at me like" are you seriously going to marry him?"  But when it comes down to it he is one of the sweetest, caring and supportive person I know.  I get him and he gets me. 

What's your favorite restaurant in the metro detroit area?  Our go to place is Texas Roadhouse.  I really like Loui's pizza in Hazel Park but that is saved for occasionally times because I think I would gain 100lbs if I ate there too often.  I also really love Cafe Azteca across from Oakland Mall.  They have some killer margaritas there!

What (or who) has been your biggest annoyance during the wedding planning?  My FSIL gave me a scare with her daughters dress for the wedding.  She ordered it 2 weeks ago and I am not even sure that it is in yet.  Di d I mention that she is a Junior Bridesmaid so thats a big deal.  Other than that I think it has been fairly easy.  Oh other than my mom giving me a hard time at first about not knowing if she will be in town for the wedding since they travel a lot for my step dads work.  I told her I don't care where they are she will be coming no questions asked!  They are here in Michigan right now so she was giving me a hard time for no reason!

Where is your honeymoon going to be?  sandal Grande Ochos Rios in Jamaica! I can't wait!
    Are kids in the future (and animals can count as children)?  YES! Hopefully the  near future.  I have had baby fever for the past year it seems!  we already have 2 furdaughters and I am not sure that my puppy will like a baby since she is extremely jealous.

• Options
    MMRoberts11MMRoberts11 member
    First Anniversary Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    What kind of furdaughters do you have?  Are they spoiled? 
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What kind of furdaughters do you have?  Are they spoiled? 
    I have a Yellow Lab, Gretchen/Monkey,  that just turned 2 last week.  She thinks that my life revolves around her.  If I am watching tv she is in my lap and if I am the only one in bed she joins me.  FI gives in to her sad puppy dog eyes often and lets her up in bed too.

FI has a 12 yr old husky/malamute mix, Sasha.  Me and her "argue" like she is my teenage daughter.  FI finds it comical because I talk with her like she is a human.  Recently I gave her pumpkin with her food and now she basically demands it.  By demand, I mean she will ignore her food bowl but everytime you open the fridge she sticks her nose around the corner to see if you are putting pumpkin in it. 

I don't say that they are spoiled, I just say that they are loved and cared for a lot!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My dog is just like your Gretchen.  I had 2 malamutes growing up and they are all full of personality.  Mine loved cookies and would not let you eat any in peace unless he had at least one as well; he also did this with ice cream.
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Are you getting nervous?

What is the one that that could go wrong with your wedding that would drive you bananas?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_kotw-mrsbarstool2011?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:e3f194ba-8bf7-4925-81d1-54c603125d28Post:55b1ba45-a7d6-4d1c-8f95-7e9724ee1a87">Re: KOTW: MrsBarstool2011</a>:
    [QUOTE]My dog is just like your Gretchen.  I had 2 malamutes growing up and they are all full of personality.  Mine loved cookies and would not let you eat any in peace unless he had at least one as well; he also did this with ice cream.
    Posted by MMRoberts11[/QUOTE]

Thankfully our dogs don't get most people food because they would be out of control beggars!

Last night Sasha didn't feel like eating because I didn't put the pumpkin in her bowl but she was super protective over her bowl.  The water bowl is right next to her food bowl and she barely let Gretchen get water because she was afraid Gretch would eat her food!
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Are you getting nervous?
    What is the one that that could go wrong with your wedding that would drive you bananas?

I wouldn't say I am nervous to get married just nervous for the wedding in general.  I have this fear that something is not going to go right and I don't know what.  I think it is just because you plan and have all these pieces that have to come together and what if they don't.  I guess I should have got a DOC to make sure all the vendors showed up but I didn't.  And Chris has talked up the wedding to people so much that I don't think its going to meet everyones expectations.

The one that could go wrong that would drive me bananas is the transportation not working out correctly.  I feel like so many people have problems with the limos and I don't need that added stress. 

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I know that you love Disney, sooo....

What is your favorite Disney movie?  Or top few favorites?

Favorite Park in Disney World?

What resorts have you stayed at?  Which one would you like to stay at on your next trip?

Have you ever been to Disney Land or any other states/countries/cruises?
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I know that you love Disney, sooo....

What is your favorite Disney movie?  Or top few favorites?  I love them all!  But my fav would have to be Mary Poppins and Cinderella

Favorite Park in Disney World?  Magic Kingdom, of course!  I feel like that is the true Disney experience.

What resorts have you stayed at?  Which one would you like to stay at on your next trip?  I have only stayed at the pop century.  Its the cheapest.  If money were not an issue I would love to stay in Cinderella's Castle even if it was just for a night.  Port Orleans looks really nice too and I like that it is so close to downtown Disney.

Have you ever been to Disney Land or any other states/countries/cruises?  I've only been to Disney World.  I would love to do a cruise.  As far as states I've traveled too, Florida, Ohio, DC, New Jersey, South Carolina, North Carolina, Georgia, New York, Nevada, Arizona, Illinois, Wisconsin, Iowa, and Minnesota.  I don't think I missed any.  I've only been out of the country to the Bahamas once (not counting Canada)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Out of all the places you've been what was your favorite and why?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

Out of all the places you've been what was your favorite and why?  
    There is a few.  I like Florida because of Disney!  

South Carolina we would go almost every year when I was growing up because my Grandpa lived there.  So I have so many good memories of it.  My favorite thing to do is go to downtown Charleston and do the flea market, then head over to the beach afterwards.

Me and FI have only gone to Vegas together really.  It is a blast but I can't do more then 5 days without it getting old. 

I can say that I went to Minnesota at the end of January and have vowed to not go back unless it is summer.  It went from -20 degrees to just above zero and snowed 2 feet.  It was crazy!  The only reason I was there was for work though.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your favorite article of clothing?
    Are you planning on staying at the same place you live now after you are married?
    What's your five year plan?  Ten year?
    What inspired your furbabies' names?  
    BabyFruit Ticker Wedding Countdown Ticker Our Bio Bridesmaid Dresses July 2012 November Siggy: Bridesmaid Dresses!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    What is your favorite article of clothing?   My wedding dress.  Seriously, I would have to say my comfy pants.  There are like yoga pants and I live in them at home.

Are you planning on staying at the same place you live now after you are married?  FI bought this house with his ex-wife over 12 years ago and knowing that it is going to be paid off before any future children have to go to college is a major plus to the house.  If our financial situation gets majorly better than we will probably buy a new house but for now we are going to stay here. 

What's your five year plan? Finish my masters, have some kids, find a different job, fix up things on the house.   Ten year?  Hopefully by then I will have a great career in place using my masters degree.  FI would hope to be in a desk job, right now he works in the field driving all the time.  Student loans paid off and working more towards our retirement savings.  Ideally I would love to be out of our current house and in a house that has a lot of land so that I can get a few more puppies!  Oh, and there better be several trips to Disney World in there too.

What inspired your furbabies' names?   Fi had Sasha before I came around and I am not sure how he named her.  When I got Gretchen I really wanted to name her something Disney and thought that Cruella Deville would be a great name but its too hard to yell Cruella so Gretchen Deville is her official name. Gretchen just flowed with Deville for me.  We call her Monkey the majority of the time though.  She acts like one so she basically renamed herself without knowing it.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards