August 2013 Weddings

Dress Shopping, August 2012

I scheduled my first dress shopping trip today for August 25 and I already have butterflies.

I have never been the dress wearing type or the girl who likes to be the centre of attention so needless to say I am nervous.

For all of you who have gone dress shopping already who did you bring with you? I am thinking I will bring my mom, sister, FMIL and my grandmother.

Re: Dress Shopping, August 2012

• Yay!  SO SO Exciting!  I found my dress initially with my best friend.  Just the two of us went.  Then, when I found the dress my mom and sister flew to Chicago from California to see it and buy it with me!  (dad's a pilot, we use free reward points so not as extravagant as it sounds).  Fiance's mom also came, she lives in Chicago and I wanted her to come.  Definitely bring your mom!  Good call keeping to just family, I think the fewer people who give opinions and see it beforehand the better.
  • Congrats! It is a good feeling. I HATE dresses and I loved it.

I brought my mom, my grandmother, and my two cousins (MOH and BM).

It was just enough people's, of course the most important, opinions. I loved that because there was no mirror in the dressing rooms, my first impression of any dress was their reactions/faces when I opened the door of the dressing room.

I found mine the first time we went - although I was there for 4 hours. =)

Such a great experience! Good luck!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I took my mother, sister(MOH), and my grandmother. None of us have the same taste in anything. I really thought it was a mistake taking them all with me but it turned out to be great. I found my dress at the first appointment and they all agreed it was the perfect one.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/wedding-club-boards_august-2013-weddings_dress-shopping-august-2012?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Wedding%20Club%20BoardsForum:0c4df628-5c86-4382-8f99-5d75e3f57aa4Discussion:8780e714-9a00-4592-ba8a-ac278ceacfc4Post:97765f13-8972-413c-bd4b-179bd9d7998f">Dress Shopping, August 2012</a>:
    [QUOTE]I scheduled my first dress shopping trip today for August 25 and I already have butterflies. I have never been the dress wearing type or the girl who likes to be the centre of attention so needless to say I am nervous.   For all of you who have gone dress shopping already who did you bring with you? I am thinking I will bring my mom, sister, FMIL and my grandmother.
    Posted by RailWayWife[/QUOTE]
    I was thinking about making an apt for this day too haha  how funny
    Anniversary

TTC starting 8/2014 :)
    My Ovulation Chart

• I went with my best friend the first time and started looking for dresses. That day I found one that I liked. My mom came to visit me and I took her and two of my bridesmaids to go look at it a few weeks later. I was mostly looking for my mom's thoughts.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • I brought my Mom only.  I just didn't want too many opinions and my Mom would be the most honest letting me know if I looked like a mess in any dress I tried on.  LOL!

Love is the ultimate superpower.   
    It can make you weak and strong simultaneously.  

• I just brought my mom the first time. I trusted her opinon and I knew she would be NO drama. We found the dress I ended up buying that night, but I wanted some other opninos first. That's when I brought back 2 of my bridesmaids a couple weeks later. Everybody agreed the original one was perfect! Good luck and have fun!!
    Wedding Countdown Ticker August 2013 March Siggy Challenge: The Dress! Image and video hosting by TinyPic
  • I am going for the first time on the 25th, too! I'm only bring my sister (MOH) and FMIL.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards