Michigan-Detroit
Options

Food at Wellers in Saline?

Hi!

I'm considering hosting a reception at Wellers in Saline, MI. Has anyone either attended or hosted an event here? How is the food? They only offer a buffet option, which is kind of pricey and requires a surprisingly hefty gratuity. Probably well worth it if the food is great, but they do not offer tastings, and all of the "testimonials" on the venue website are positive (and the site does not allow for internet feedback). Any feedback would be much appreciated!

Re: Food at Wellers in Saline?

• Options
    edited December 2011
    I was actually there a few weeks ago for a wedding.  I thought the food was really good (especially for banquet food).  The potatoes were especially yummy :)  I'm a vegetarian so I didn't try any of the meat but everyone at the table seemed to like it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My friend's wedding/reception was at Weller's a couple of years ago. I enjoyed the food... I don't remember what kind of chicken was there but it was good! I wouldn't say the food was phenomenal... but then again (I don't know if anyone else has had this experience) I've never been blown away by food at any wedding I've attended. Weller's is a nice choice though :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks! It really helps to get this kind of feedback!
  • Options
    drewmwdrewmw member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm getting married there!!!!

I've never attended an event there, but several of my mother's friends have and said the food was amazing. When we were looking for a venue my mom mentioned Wellers based on the recommendation of her friends. Have you gone and looked at the place yet? It's so gorgeous! I knew right away that was the place for us :)
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic
    Created by Wedding Favors

Wedding Planning and DIY bio Updated 05/15/12
    image 167 Made the list
    image 115 Accept
    image 46 Decline
    image 6 Not ready to decide
    RSVP deadline: June 8
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for posting this! We're also getting married at Weller's in September, I only saw the reviews that past brides have filled out that they have sitting out, and all reviews on the food were good... but of course, they choose which reviews to put in their binder.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I did visit the site - it is gorgeous! I really fell for it, but I'm grappling with the cost of the buffet (and they were really busy and kind of rude the day that I visited). Hearing good reviews on the food, outside the testimonials that Weller's posts on its website makes me feel a lot better. For those of you who are getting/got married there, I'd love to hear more on your decorations and any other recommendations for the site!

• Options
    edited December 2011
    iwilhelm41-When are you getting married?
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011

We are shooting for July or August 2012.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Well, I'm getting married there this September. I'll let you know how it goes & any tips after the big day
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Great - looking forward to hearing about it - thanks!
  • Options
    Hi girls! Im getting married at Wellers Sept 2012. Ive heard great things about their food as well...from a few florists and also a friends aunt. I really wish they would hold an event (say in feb) for the weddings being held in the spring and fall. I think it would be a great way for all of us to taste the food. How are all your wedding plans going?
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards