Michigan-Detroit
Options

Most Shocking...

I have had some pretty shocking things said to me during the whole planning process, and I was wondering who else had this happen to them too...

Share your most shocking thing said/done to you during this whole process!

Re: Most Shocking...

• Options
    edited December 2011
    A friend of mine informed me that she and her boyfriend of a few months moved in together, so she wanted to let me know that she'll be bringing both his two kids and her two kids to my wedding. My invitations haven't even gone out, I've never met her boyfriend or his kids, she just wanted me to plan accordingly. Ugh.
    185829_10150421989590405_571240404_17334789_3544435_n April 2012 Siggy Challenge Furry Babies Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "You know, 50% of marriages end in divorce". I'm hoping she meant to say that she thinks we will make it, because that's just an awful thing to say. Then there is always the people that think "it's YOUR day" is true.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    ''so am I a bridesmaid?'' ''are you going to just copy our wedding?''
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OH no she didn't! Why would you copy her wedding?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My wedding date is June 22, 2013 and just last week I got "why are you even bothering planning a wedding, the world is going to end 6 months before" .... I didn't have a response to that.

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    Follow Me on Pinterest
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I was told that I "lack family values" since I didn't want kids at the wedding.
  • Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_shocking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:e9f4b7c0-2122-4c81-ac75-feaac0b40a82Post:3d1c4ab2-5a93-4fae-a042-a7a10142f592">Re: Most Shocking...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding date is June 22, 2013 and just last week I got "why are you even bothering planning a wedding, the world is going to end 6 months before" .... I didn't have a response to that.
    Posted by lauraprevost[/QUOTE]
    Not to one up this but the world was supposed to end on our wedding day!  For the entire month leading up to the wedding Every.Single.Person. felt the need to point this out to me.  It was a miracle I didn't freak out and yell at someone.  DH's cousin was ordained with the Universal Life Church previously so I made him promise he would step in and marry us if our Priest just up and disappeared...

The world is not going to end :)  No worries!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_shocking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:e9f4b7c0-2122-4c81-ac75-feaac0b40a82Post:3d1c4ab2-5a93-4fae-a042-a7a10142f592">Re: Most Shocking...</a>:
    [QUOTE]My wedding date is June 22, 2013 and just last week I got "why are you even bothering planning a wedding, the world is going to end 6 months before" .... I didn't have a response to that.
    Posted by lauraprevost[/QUOTE]

I've had this mentioned to me too ..."oh so you can be married for a year - which is supposed to be the happiest year - before the world ends?" yes. clearly my thought process.
  • Options
    PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    My mom thinks that I can find a wedding dress for $100 or less.  Excuse me, but this is 2011, not 1959 when you got married!

And I haven't even started dress shopping!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    We had one girl, a new "friend" of mine, demand a STD via a Facebook message, then ask my wedding budget, then demand who she sat next to at the wedding (which I actually ended up fulfilling because it was the easiest way to arrange people) and then she sent me a Facebook message the day after the wedding complaining she had to sit next to that person and criticizing my table seating chart.  Needless to say we are no longer friends. 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    karasanel2018karasanel2018 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I'm a lurker but I HAD to say something here...

The week after we got engaged, a "family friend" said... "so how far along is she? isn't that the only reason you kids get married these days?"

What?! Who says that?!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_shocking?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:e9f4b7c0-2122-4c81-ac75-feaac0b40a82Post:fe2b3cab-54b2-43b1-b917-8d62c0896b1d">Re: Most Shocking...</a>:
    [QUOTE]I'm a lurker but I HAD to say something here... The week after we got engaged, a "family friend" said... "so how far along is she? isn't that the only reason you kids get married these days?" What?! Who says that?!
    Posted by blondelljk[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>WHOA.</div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    "You know.. you dont HAVE to ask her to be MOH - heck she probably wouldn't ever care if she wasn't in the wedding at all."
    My mom about my sister.

Some people... haha
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    OMG I had something similar happen to me!  I sent a text with my ring and one of my friends asked if I was knocked up.  Grrr.
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards