Michigan-Detroit
Options

Confessions/Vents

Anything you need to get off of your chest?  Post here!

Re: Confessions/Vents

• Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Um...it's kinda hot outside.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm 20 and not ready for a "big girl job" yet.. currently I'm a nanny, which will end soon so I can work at summer camp, and yesterday I had an interview for a lifeguard weekend job and today I have an interview for a weekend receptionist job. Honestly, I don't want to have to be at work at 7:30 on Saturday and Sundays (receptionist gig)... I want to come to work at 11am, in my bathing suit (lifeguarding!). Reality is that I make more being a nanny, camp counselor, and lifeguard than I would at a 'real job' (unless it was a salary, obviously) and it's much more fun anyway. However, we'll see what type of job I can land after summer... will it be a big girl job or will I look for another family to nanny?
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I am extremely mad at my family-member who was supposed to be the DJ, but because of his complete lack of responsibility and respect for his wife and kids, will no longer be a positive member of our family (and will possibly no longer be a member of the family at all!)  What mostly upsets me is that he posts on facebook EVERY DAY with "woe-is-me" crap.  Dude, take responsibility and man up.  This is your own life you screwed up, and it's no one's fault but your own.

On a positive note, I've found one DJ available on my wedding day, so there will be someone playing music. :) 
    Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    @zulamay -- I used to have depression problems in middle school but yet, I never wanted people to pity me. That is sooooo annoying... you're a grown adult, take responsibility for your actions. YAY you found a DJ! - which one?
  • Options
    edited December 2011

I've been in a foul mood all week and I don't know why or how to snap out of it.

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:eae7c305-54a9-44ce-a5a9-56e6a2a1f51cPost:ee849e2d-9f4b-4ddd-880b-f1adec605fac">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been in a foul mood all week and I don't know why or how to snap out of it.
    Posted by rcj2rcd[/QUOTE]
    Do you like super cute adorable animals?

<a href="http://squee.icanhascheezburger.com/">http://squee.icanhascheezburger.com/</a>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:eae7c305-54a9-44ce-a5a9-56e6a2a1f51cPost:221c2405-0dd7-4f01-8308-4b5d2dfd6541">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]@zulamay -- I used to have depression problems in middle school but yet, I never wanted people to pity me. That is sooooo annoying... you're a grown adult, take responsibility for your actions. YAY you found a DJ! - which one?
    Posted by Milsey32[/QUOTE]

<div>Rock Out Entertainment is available on my day.  He's pulling together a quote for me and I'll probably book him.  I'm also waiting to see if The Music Butler is available.  All of the other places are booked - it's slim pickings since my date is popular. </div>
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    FI has had a major attitude problem lately and it is really starting to bug me.  He's having some issues at work right now, and has had to make a choice between either working in the department that he hates under a supervisor that he also hates, or working in a department where his hours will be cut drastically.  I'm sure this is where his poor attitude is stemming from, but I really don't appreciate it right now - especially when he comes home and expects me to leave him alone for the entire night.  Hello - our wedding is in like 2 weeks!  I can let you stew in silence for a little while but there are other things going on in our lives that can't really be put on hold right now.
    Image and video hosting by TinyPic Lilypie First Birthday tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:eae7c305-54a9-44ce-a5a9-56e6a2a1f51cPost:fa8ee631-71d5-4670-aaea-47bb4ab12f40">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : Do you like super cute adorable animals? <a href="http://squee.icanhascheezburger.com/" rel='nofollow'>http://squee.icanhascheezburger.com/</a>
    Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

Ha! Those helped :) I'll be bookmarking that site :)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:eae7c305-54a9-44ce-a5a9-56e6a2a1f51cPost:ee849e2d-9f4b-4ddd-880b-f1adec605fac">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]I've been in a foul mood all week and I don't know why or how to snap out of it.

Ditto. 
    Also frustrated about the vehicle situation which makes me feel selfish, which makes me feel worse.  I'm also sick of getting financial lectures from my mom.  She can turn any conversation into one about my finances which are none of her businesss at this point.  Example: "It's really hot outside today"  "Do you want to know what is not hot, Ally's credit...you should work on that"...awesome.

Speaking of hot...it is incredibly hot at work today.  I used the fitness floor this morning and thought I was going to die even though it is air conditioned...it usually isn't this bad.  However, I do love my freezing cold office :)  Definitely the best place in the building right now.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:eae7c305-54a9-44ce-a5a9-56e6a2a1f51cPost:b1169823-ec82-41a2-baf8-f22597549539">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]FI has had a major attitude problem lately and it is really starting to bug me.  He's having some issues at work right now, and has had to make a choice between either working in the department that he hates under a supervisor that he also hates, or working in a department where his hours will be cut drastically.  I'm sure this is where his poor attitude is stemming from, but I really don't appreciate it right now - especially when he comes home and expects me to leave him alone for the entire night.  Hello - our wedding is in like 2 weeks!  I can let you stew in silence for a little while but there are other things going on in our lives that can't really be put on hold right now.
    Posted by sammichele[/QUOTE]

Ditto.  Just ditto this.  FI's in a weird place right now, and its sub-ideal timing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'm in a mood, too.  But I feel like I've had it for the last month or two.  It's not that I'm angry or anything like that.  I've just been so busy and I've been having issues with getting excited about stuff.  You know what I mean?  I just feel blah.  I want to be excited, and I am excited.  I just don't feel excited...yada yada yada.  I wish I knew what to do to snap out of it.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:eae7c305-54a9-44ce-a5a9-56e6a2a1f51cPost:1dbaa0a6-a0aa-4e0a-8192-622bc19f9093">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : Ha! Those helped :) I'll be bookmarking that site :)
    Yay!  One of the professors here introduced me to squee and I visit it whenever I'm having a bad day :)
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    my house is on fire even though we have 2 window a/c units going! one in the bedroom/one in the livingroom! i wish we had central air and HATE that we have to rely on these stupid window units!
    My FI is pissing me off already today!!!! and i know he's going to want me to help in the yard and i'm SOOOOO not in the mood!!
    He's lucky he's making me lunch- bc really it's the least he could do!
    (*ok, i'm super crappy today!.. eek)
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:eae7c305-54a9-44ce-a5a9-56e6a2a1f51cPost:baa89506-6cd5-4aeb-8cff-4d4890126d4e">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]my house is on fire even though we have 2 window a/c units going! one in the bedroom/one in the livingroom! i wish we had central air and HATE that we have to rely on these stupid window units! My FI is pissing me off already today!!!! and i know he's going to want me to help in the yard and i'm SOOOOO not in the mood!! He's lucky he's making me lunch- bc really it's the least he could do! (*ok, i'm super crappy today!.. eek)
    Posted by klreese0213[/QUOTE]
    2 things: 
    1) You're preggers so you get to be crabby!  Especially in this heat :) 
    2)  When you said your house is on fire, I thought you meant it literally was on fire!  I was like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THEKNOT IF YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE!" but then realized what you were saying.  My brain is not working today!
  • Options
    PhoneCardLadyPhoneCardLady member
    Name Dropper First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer
    edited December 2011
    Damn appraisal is not ready yet for my e-ring....and the ring is in the safe deposit box until it's insured!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Lol Klreese and Liz - I thought the same thing too! I was like OMG your house is on fire!?! Get out!! And then I realized the heat has fried my brains...
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Go ahead and count me with those who had an immediate urge to tell klreese to quite knotting and evacuate her house.

PhoneCard: Same thing happened to me!  Its super-frustrating.  I hope your appraisal/insurance comes in soon!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have not been feeling planning anymore and I keep saying to myself that I'm so over planning I just want to be married already. Riht now I could care less who sits where, who comes, what music will play, etc. etc

FI asked what my problem was and I told him I'm just over it and I'm tired, hopefully I get over it because I still have quite a few things to do .
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:eae7c305-54a9-44ce-a5a9-56e6a2a1f51cPost:0d497184-8b7c-4b61-999e-dbf3e1b642bf">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : 2 things:  1) You're preggers so you get to be crabby!  Especially in this heat :)  <strong>2)  When you said your house is on fire, I thought you meant it literally was on fire!  I was like "WHAT ARE YOU DOING ON THEKNOT IF YOUR HOUSE IS ON FIRE!" but then realized what you were saying.  My brain is not working today!
    </strong>Posted by emarston1[/QUOTE]

Ditto, I was confused for a couple seconds.

But look at the bright side of it:  Your house is not <em>actually </em>on fire.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I emailed a real estate agent last week to view a house on Friday, she said she was unavailable to go on Friday evening so I told her that DH is off on Wednesday (today) and asked if we could meet when I got off work, she's never responded.  I e-mailed her again on Monday to no response. Yell
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:eae7c305-54a9-44ce-a5a9-56e6a2a1f51cPost:e4355959-96fb-4322-a234-783d7588033f">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : Ditto, I was confused for a couple seconds. But look at the bright side of it:  Your house is not actually on fire.
    Posted by Allycat11[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>I love it. :D  Found the silver lining!  (I also thought your house was on fire!) </div>
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    awe i'm sorry i confused everyone lol perhaps i need to choose my words better on TK hehe.
  • Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Add me to the list of people who thought Kizzy had the worst priorities EVER.  :)

I've been sleeping like utter crap for weeks.  I know that some of that is due to the weather, and some more is due to the fact that I'm trying to get myself from a midnight bedtime sleep pattern to a ten o'clock sleep pattern.  But I think that most of it is wedding-related.  Not "getting married" related, just wedding related.  Every time I close my eyes, I see floral options dancing around in my head.  I'm thinking about whether buttercream frosting is going to melt in the heat -or, in fact, it it's likely to be unpleasantly cold in September.  I'm thinking about how long it take to make twelve quilts and wondering if I can get away with not putting backings on them.  I just can't turn my brain off, and it's keeping me from falling asleep.  And after weeks of this, I'm utterly exhausted and kind of headache-ey and nauseous and light-headed all the time.  I would like to not feel this way any more.  That would be great.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:eae7c305-54a9-44ce-a5a9-56e6a2a1f51cPost:26299eba-7380-47ee-81d7-201eec0ed1c5">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]Add me to the list of people who thought Kizzy had the worst priorities EVER.  :) I've been sleeping like utter crap for weeks.  I know that some of that is due to the weather, and some more is due to the fact that I'm trying to get myself from a midnight bedtime sleep pattern to a ten o'clock sleep pattern.  But I think that most of it is wedding-related.  Not "getting married" related, just wedding related.  Every time I close my eyes, I see floral options dancing around in my head.  I'm thinking about whether buttercream frosting is going to melt in the heat -or, in fact, it it's likely to be unpleasantly cold in September.  I'm thinking about how long it take to make twelve quilts and wondering if I can get away with not putting backings on them.  I just can't turn my brain off, and it's keeping me from falling asleep.  And after weeks of this, I'm utterly exhausted and kind of headache-ey and nauseous and light-headed all the time.  I would like to not feel this way any more.  That would be great.
    Posted by matuofm[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>Seriously hope you are coming to the GTG because I want to meet you.  I swear our brains work very similarly.  I thought I was the only one who suffered from headachy nauseous feeling - this must be what they mean by wedding brain.  Anyway, we're in the same boat.  Hope you sleep well tonight!</div>
  • Options
    matuofmmatuofm member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:eae7c305-54a9-44ce-a5a9-56e6a2a1f51cPost:5e5030ef-2c52-46af-a2c3-a89a6cd6d610">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : Seriously hope you are coming to the GTG because I want to meet you.  I swear our brains work very similarly.  I thought I was the only one who suffered from headachy nauseous feeling - this must be what they mean by wedding brain.  Anyway, we're in the same boat.  Hope you sleep well tonight!
    Posted by zulamay[/QUOTE]

Maybe if we got in the same room together, our overactive brains would finally exhaust each other and we'd fall asleep.  It's worth a try!  I just keep telling myself: the stuff will get done.  The stuff will get done.  And even if it doesn't?  We'll still have gotten married.    You sleep well too.  :)
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    bee&beebee&bee member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    a little late but I needed a break from writing my papers.

Not sure if this is a confession or vent but I feel like I'm being very cheap with things for the wedding.  Using postcards for save the dates (with only costed us about $11).  We want to make our invites which if it's up to me will be super plain and basic and I want to use postcard resposes (again to cut cost).  I figure no one will keep them anyway, I don't want to spent time and money to make them all super cute to have them get thrown away :/

Here's what they look like, nothing crazy.  FI designed them and really wanted to use this pic so i was more than happy to go with it. 

Along those same lines, I don't seem to even care if our tables are all decked out either, whatever gives me the look I want without spending anything extra.  I don't know.  I just don't want this day to turn into this huge expense for little things that no one will remember a month later.   Maybe that's just the reality side of me knowing we have to stay on budget.

Anyway, thanks for listening!!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_confessionsvents-42?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:eae7c305-54a9-44ce-a5a9-56e6a2a1f51cPost:91b296b2-9e9d-4961-ae96-b3be3b9b07df">Re: Confessions/Vents</a>:
    [QUOTE]In Response to Re: Confessions/Vents : Maybe if we got in the same room together, our overactive brains would finally exhaust each other and we'd fall asleep.  It's worth a try!  I just keep telling myself: the stuff will get done.  The stuff will get done.  And even if it doesn't?  We'll still have gotten married.    You sleep well too.  :)
    Posted by matuofm[/QUOTE]

<div>
    </div><div>LOL!!! I tell myself the same thing. :)  Must be a DIY problem. :)</div>
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards