Options

CONVESSION/VENT WEDNESDAY

What do you need to get off your chest?

Re: CONVESSION/VENT WEDNESDAY

• Options
    jodyk23jodyk23 member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I still really want a new Coach purse and must refrain since it is only 5 weeks away from my wedding and I still have a ton of things to buy and do!
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I have no desire to go watch one of FI's softball games.  He plays on Wednesdays and I know he really really wants me to go watch a game.  I am planning to make an appearance at one game because I know it means a lot to him, but I have zero interest whatsoever.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
  • Options
    Sue-n-KevinSue-n-Kevin member
    First Anniversary 5 Love Its First Answer First Comment
    edited December 2011

Vent: teen girl drivers & the economy. My "tenant" (son's ex-galpal) was having the use of his car while he's in DC. In February she stayed the night at a friend's house. When she left in the morning, and it was snowy outside, she remembered part of what I had told her: drive in "D2" during slippery conditions, you get more traction. She forgot the part about NOT driving in "D2" when going above 40 mph. She drove on the expressway in "D2", and blew the engine. The towing company's driver said he'd be interested in the car. So it's in HIS driveway now. He just called & doesn't know when he will have the money for what is essentially scrap. But the city is doing their "pretty neighborhood" drive-throughs in his area, and a car in a drive way with no plate can be tagged & towed. So now it's my problem again. Arrrgh. I just emailed Purple Heart car donation program to try to get a pickup and hopefully some sort of charitable contribution receipt afterward.

And I'm sick with a sore throat and cranky.

• Options
    edited December 2011
    Jody, you are too cute!  I'll admit though, I still think about the purse I put down...LOL!
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    Melgor78Melgor78 member
    edited December 2011
    Jody I feel your pain.  I was at coach last week and I just couldn't justify buying one knowing that were trying to save for the wedding.  So I ending up just getting a wristlet. 

Julie understand that, FI plays hockey and it's so cold in there.  Last time I went I ending up just going to the bar with my friend and waited for them to meet up with us after.  Plus his team stinks, I'm embarrassed to say I know them.

That sucks Sue hopefully you can work something out.  Feel better soon.

• Options
    Melgor78Melgor78 member
    edited December 2011
    I confess that I have a ton of things to do but I just can't seem to get off my butt to do them.  It's so much easier just to sit here and do nothing.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I wish DH's brother and sister would stop treating him like a walking ATM machine, and also that he could get over his fear of karma and not feel obligated to comply almost every time they ask.
  • Options
    GwenwhyfareGwenwhyfare member
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.weddings.com/Sites/Weddings/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_convessionvent-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:ebf4bcaa-dcf2-4294-bd92-785ce5c2a105Post:dddebe0a-5e2b-4564-8509-be15045b96d2">Re: CONVESSION/VENT WEDNESDAY</a>:
    [QUOTE]I wish DH's brother and sister would stop treating him like a walking ATM machine, and also that he could get over his fear of karma and not feel obligated to comply almost every time they ask.
    Posted by festivegal2008[/QUOTE]

Not sure where my vent went..But DITTO this. Except with my Mom.

A friend of hers was kicked out of his gf's house because he opened up a cc in his gf's name. This d-bag has been calling my Mom non-stop since last week looking for money or for her to put him up in her house (with my 2-sisters, brother and 3 year old neice. NOT cool). She got a new phone yesterday so she can turn hers off at night. It irks me that she did this by way of giving him control. She doesn't want to hurt his feelings (because he's down and out), but seriously. Tell him to stop calling!

My vent: I hate work today. I'm not sure if a) I have an ulcer or b) if it's the flu. Either way, I feel like absolute crap.  I had to call off to my second job tonight because I know I can't do 100%. I'm pretty sure it's an ulcer, because I've was super stressed today..
    There is no death. Only a change of worlds
    life | home
  • Options
    queenfm85queenfm85 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    My vent: Got an email from my aunt in GA saying she has been "dealing with her feelings about this wedding" because I decided to have it on a sunday (10-10-10) and she is a professor and believes that I am doing it to her on purpose to make her feel unimportant. She refuses to fly back on the same day and also refuses to take ONE day off work because people get married on Saturdays NOT Sundays. So needless to say, she will NOT be there.

WTF?! First off, she was ALWAYS mean to me and tried to control me my whole life growing up. Next, it is OUR wedding, we can pick WHICHEVER day we want! So its a Sunday? SORRY it doesn't cater to YOUR schedule! I know a LOT of people that aren't even my family that are more than willing to request one day off work if need be.

Wow I just can't believe that!

Sorry....lol Oh and Jody my FMIL is an assistant manager at the Coach store in Somerset :) She gets 1/2 off. If only I lived in MI or was in town before your wedding  I could hook you up!
    Danielle & Tyler

10-10-10

"God blessed the broken road that led me straight to you"

Wedding Countdown Ticker
    image 126 Invited image 41 Getting Crazy image 10 Party Poopin image 75 MIA
    RSVP Date: September 10th
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I have so much to do before the wedding, I just can't stop thinking about it!  I'm not being nearly as productive at work as I should be because my mind is on my massive to do list.  If I had more vacation time, I would totally take a day off and get some of it done.  I'm actually contemplating faking a sick day to stay home and work on stuff because I have plenty of sick time saved up and I never get sick!  
  • Options
    Julz629Julz629 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://detroit.weddings.com/main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_convessionvent-wednesday?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:ebf4bcaa-dcf2-4294-bd92-785ce5c2a105Post:2fc4e575-bf37-4529-abba-1ccec5b64e49">Re: CONVESSION/VENT WEDNESDAY</a>:
    [QUOTE]I have so much to do before the wedding, I just can't stop thinking about it!  I'm not being nearly as productive at work as I should be because my mind is on my massive to do list.  If I had more vacation time, I would totally take a day off and get some of it done.  I'm actually contemplating faking a sick day to stay home and work on stuff because I have plenty of sick time saved up and I never get sick!  
    Posted by cmkuno[/QUOTE]

I strongly encourage this fake sick day.  I do a couple times a year because I get six sick days a year and I almost never get sick.  They are usually the most productive days I have.  I will usually take them on a whim when I have nothing going on at work.  I get SO MUCH done on these days.
    Photobucket Lilypie Second Birthday tickers BabyFruit Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards