Michigan-Detroit

Westin Book Cadilliac..or.... Detroit Marriott RenCen

I am still trying to narrow down the venue and reception site for  our April 2011 Wedding. I have called tons of places and i am getting a bit frustrated. I really like the Westin Book Cadilliac and Detroit Marriott- RenCen.. Has anyone been to a wedding/reception at these places .. what did you think .. pro and cons
Wedding Countdown Ticker

Re: Westin Book Cadilliac..or.... Detroit Marriott RenCen

• edited December 2011

We had a HUGE work event at the Book Cadilliac and I wish our budget allowed us to use them for our wedding. Food was amazing! The rooms were amazing! Loved everything about them. :)

I've stayed at the Ren-Cen, but never been to an event there.

Good Luck!

Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • lashanda1lashanda1 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    it might be a pipe dream for the Westin but you never know unless you ask right
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • emily1004emily1004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Westin Book Cadillac X1000

I signed my contract with the Novi Sheraton before I knew the WBC was being remodel. (I highly recommend them too) Also, didn't like the sales lady at the Westin in Southfield. 

My sorority sister had her wedding at the WBC  and it was one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever seen!!! She had the reception in the Venetian Room and they had cocktail hour in the Italian Garden, (the area outside of the reception room) 
    If you want to know more send me a PM. I talked to her a lot about her wedding. 

BTW my DH and I are bias, we're Starwood whores! Not Marriott people, unless it's the only hotel around.

Edit: The only con about the WBC is the liquor selection at the wedding was lacking a little bit. They didn't have any sour mix and it was cheap booze. But that's just a small detail. It was important to my DH and I to have top shelf liquor at our wedding, But it all depends on what is important to you! It's your wedding! 
    x
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_westin-book-cadilliacor-detroit-marriott-rencen?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:ed67f4d0-b694-45f5-bb28-9a15fda8f632Post:b91d2f50-ff3f-4c31-b608-4cea67154d95">Re: Westin Book Cadilliac..or.... Detroit Marriott RenCen</a>:
    [QUOTE]Westin Book Cadillac X1000<strong> I signed my contract with the Novi Sheraton before I knew the WBC was being remodel. (I highly recommend them too)</strong> Also, didn't like the sales lady at the Westin in Southfield.  My sorority sister had her wedding at the WBC  and it was one of the most beautiful weddings I've ever seen!!!

Thank you i will set something up with Sheraton as well.....
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • emily1004emily1004 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Other venues that the girls around here have used that are very pretty as well.
    The Inn at St. Johns in Plymouth
    The Roostertail in Detroit
    The Meeting House in Plymouth
    The Townsend Hotel in Birmingham
    The Whitney in Detroit 
    The Royal Park Hotel in Rochester (side note: I looked there and they were the most expensive venue I interviewed) 
    Even though it's a Marriott, the Renaisssance Baronette Hotel in Novi (the just had a $10M renovation and it's very nice inside)

And I'm sure there are some I'm forgetting.
    x
  • edited December 2011
    Westin Book Cadillac all the way. The RenCen is beautiful but VERY confusing for those who have never been there before (in terms of finding your way around the ballrooms, to the rooms, to outside, etc.).
  • edited December 2011
    I would go with WBC - I get all confused in the RenCen (and I work there!).
  • edited December 2011
    I quadruple the vote for the Westin, when my original venue closed we took a HARD look at the Westin but the room they had available could only hold 90 (comfortably) and it was a stretch to keep our list down to 125.

I also have to say (especially not being from Detroit) that the Ren Cen is confusing!! we looked into the Renaissance Club and we almost got lost looking for the right elevators to get us to the higher floors. That place is CRAZY confusing with all those stairs, walkways, two different elevators tracks and several different towers....

P.S. Just tell the Westin what your budget is and they will try to work with you, the hotels are all hurting for money down there
    cjae2 Wedding Countdown Ticker
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    Thanks everyone for all your viewpoints ...It was mad helpful...
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards