Michigan-Detroit

floral suggestions

Hey everyone

So, I am getting married in about a year. I haven't started shopping for florists yet, just wondering if i need to get on that asap! When did everyone else start looking?

I already have booked my venue and DJ.

Also does anyone have suggestions for florists? I am looking for someone who can really "get" what i want - something very modern looking. Any suggestions?

Re: floral suggestions

• indieglamindieglam member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited August 2012
    I started looking about 8 months in advance of my 9-22-12 wedding. September seemed to be booking up quickly at that time for other vendors, so I started looking at florists earlier than I thought I would.

I'm using Pot & Box in Ann Arbor; Lisa does more modern arrangements and she's been wonderful to work with. I also looked into Sweet Pea Floral DesignPassionFlower, Linnaea Floral Design, and A Moment in Time but all were already booked for my day.
  • Love, love LOVE Le Petit Fleur in Ferndale.

She has great ideas and beutiful arragements.  She can work wtih specific flowers if you have ones that you must have or she will work with what is in season to maximize your budget.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • indieglam: PassionFlower was probably booked because I'm using them for 9/22/12! Small world :P
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_floral-suggestions?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local%20Wedding%20BoardsForum:88Discussion:eda588bc-b61e-4c9a-9ea5-a1aac0198161Post:ab4b9677-59cb-4560-be6d-0e4d84d15f08">Re: floral suggestions</a>:
    [QUOTE]indieglam: PassionFlower was probably booked because I'm using them for 9/22/12! Small world :P
    Posted by AriesAngel86[/QUOTE]

<div>LOL! Truly a small world! Your flowers are going to be gorgeous!</div>
  • I'm pretty sure we are going with Tom Thompson out of Ann Arbor. He does all of the flowers for events at my FI's work (a private country club) and his stuff is always so beautiful. 

I did find, however, that when I started researching and talking to florists more than a year before my wedding, they were...hesitant?...to sign me up so early. A few told me my tastes would change so much between now and the wedding. Yeah, I'm sure that's true, but can't I just secure you for my date?? Really didn't understand that one.
     Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • We are using Linnaea Floral Designs for our bouquets, corsages, and bouts.  Her work is beautiful and very unique and for about the same price as the flower shops we investigated we are gettng double the flowers.  We started looking in October for our August wedding and she already had a large wedding booked, but was still able to accomodate us since we had such a small order.  You are definatly right to look early :)
  • A recommendation to avoid Parsonage in Clarkston.  Their arrangements are beautiful, but my experience has been that they are expensive and their service has been awful.  We're working on Plan B to get out of working with them.
  • Call Lynn at Cleverbumblee Creations! She's great and totally reasonable!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cleverbumblebee-Creations/258653170169
  • Call Lynn at Cleverbumblee Creations! She's great and totally reasonable!

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Cleverbumblebee-Creations/258653170169
  •  One thing I would recommend working on before flowers though is a photographer. A lot of the photographers I contacted were booked about a year and a half in advance.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker Follow Me on Pinterest
  • I would say you should be doing flowers and photographer around the same timr
    Wedding Countdown Ticker

This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards