Michigan-Detroit
Options

Stephanies wedding creations

So what's up with her? She tells me she will e-mail me in a hour, then e-mails a week later that I never got back to her. I had heard she doesn't get right back to you, but that seems a little crazy to me. Anybody have a good result with her? Her prices are so low!

Re: Stephanies wedding creations

• Options
    emarston1emarston1 member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I've heard she's absolutely terrible with communication but always comes through the day of.  She had gotten better for awhile (I think SheShe is using her and said this?  Maybe?) but it looks like she's gone back to her old ways.
  • Options
    klreese0213klreese0213 member
    First Comment
    edited December 2011
    when i was emailing her it must have gone to her phone because i was getting messages back ASAP. i plan to use her for my day of. AprilM also used her for her wedding and other occations with good results.
    I personally have no had any communication issues with her.
    Warning No formatter is installed for the format bbhtml
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I didn't use her based on the reputation she received from Knotties (poor communication).I have no idea what her prices are either,but I have heard that she does follow through. I just don't like not knowing what to expect so I went with Glamorous Elegance.
    I rented chair covers ($1.00), sashes (free), silver chargers ($0.50), table runners ($3.50) and other miscellaneous reception decor ($75.00) for a total of $330. I have never met her but she is great with communication and following through. I received my deposit ($100) back from her within days of my wedding.

Good luck with your planning!
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My first few e-mails were answered immediately. Then a little longer. Then this last one. I am trying to set up a time to see some of her linens and it just doesn't seem like a priority. Maybe she is offended I wanted to see her linens in person? She did keep mentioning I could give the deposit paypal. It's been a few weeks. Her biggest selling point to me is she includes tear down at the end of the night. I think I will start looking again. Thanks guys.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    My DOC advised me not to use her! She stated that on more than one occasion she has had to follow them around because they were trying to used dirty, wrinkled, or badly stained linen.  I have no personal experience with them though.
  • Options
    jhawthorne85jhawthorne85 member
    First Comment First Anniversary
    edited December 2011
    I cancelled my event with her due to lack of communication, and when I told her this, she didn't care what-so-ever.

It took her over 2 months to send me a contract...
    Photobucket Married at last! *11-18-11*
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    In Response to <a href="http://forums.theknot.com/Sites/theknot/Pages/Main.aspx/local-wedding-boards_michigan-detroit_stephanies-wedding-creations-8?plckFindPostKey=Cat:Local Wedding BoardsForum:88Discussion:ee73f33c-6a33-4a57-805a-e134426f572aPost:c8a64aaf-7d92-49ee-93af-d76e5920abdf">Re: Stephanies wedding creations</a>:
    [QUOTE]My first few e-mails were answered immediately. Then a little longer. Then this last one. I am trying to set up a time to see some of her linens and it just doesn't seem like a priority. Maybe she is offended I wanted to see her linens in person? She did keep mentioning I could give the deposit paypal. It's been a few weeks. Her biggest selling point to me is she includes tear down at the end of the night. I think I will start looking again. Thanks guys.
    Posted by picklesmurphy[/QUOTE]

I was able to give my deposit and make all of my payments via Paypal. I have actually never even met Delonna in person, she mailed me a sample of her chair cover for a $1 deposit so I could take it to my venue to try on my chairs. I did not ask for a sample of her sashes because I figure once you've seen one you've seen them all.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I'd recommend Linens and Beyond.  Loretta works out of her house and mand-makes all of her linens.  She'll really worked with me, had patience, and had a huge variety - more than any place I had seen with similar prices.  She'll even custom-make something for you.   It's $1.75 for a chair cover + sasha and $1 per charger. :)

Daisypath Wedding tickers
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Jennifer from All About Elegance (allaboutelegance.net) was wonderful to work with.  When I used her, a year ago, her prices were very similar to Stephanie's, but she had GREAT communication.  She runs specials and discounts on her website occasionally as well, so you can watch for that.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    Thanks for all the recommendations, guess it's time to start those e-mails. You guys are great!!
  • Options
    sheshedukeshesheduke member
    Combo Breaker First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I am using Stephanie and so far I have had no issues. I too wanted to see her linens not for quality but for color matching. I paid the $30 deposit and she sent me a table cloth, chair cover and sash. I kept them for like 4 months and then I sent it back. Once I sent it back she added the sample deposit to my balance. She was pregnant when I booked her and she was having difficulties with her pregnancy but that was awhile ago and now she responds back quickly at least for me. I am considering using her for my bridal shower too and she has a great special for that but I will leave that up to my MOH to decide. Once I booked her, got my sample, contract and them returned the linens to her I don't have anything else to say to her until closer to the date. I did reach out to her about my reception hall closing and we emailed back and forth for a while on that and she was very sympathetic. I hope it all works out for you whatever you decide.
  • Options
    edited December 2011
    I too am using Stephanie and she has been pretty good with me on communication so far. I actually wanted to change some things around and she was really helpfully in helping me make up my mind. She sent the revised contract like a day or so later. I think the longest she hasn't responded to me was like a few days or so but that's it.
    Wedding Countdown Ticker
  • Options
    mrsdrbrewmrsdrbrew member
    First Anniversary First Comment
    edited December 2011
    I just started using Stephanie, from a knottie referral and she responded to my email in 30mins, I have been emailing her pretty regularly with questions and she has been very good about getting back to me promptly. Hopefully the rest goes smoothly!
    BabyFetus Ticker
This discussion has been closed.
Choose Another Board
Search Boards